Battery upgrade for Flytouch 2

cha_indian

Dec 9, 2010
Guys , is there a way to increase the battery capacity of Flytouch ??

I came to know that Gpad uses 7600 mah battery. Wow !! Is there anyway we can fit that battery in this device ??

Sent from my deb using Android Tablet Forum App

throwapot

Jan 23, 2011
sure take the pad apart replace the battery
but the unit is made so freaking tight
the minute u take a part u break some thing or other

evans_16

Jan 31, 2011
sure take the pad apart replace the battery
but the unit is made so freaking tight
the minute u take a part u break some thing or other

Hi
I have to wowpads/flytouch II, one was broke so took apart and the other has really bad battery. i have taken apart with no probs and replaced the battery with the good one out of the broke pad! Just wondering if i can buy a better battery to put in (longer lasting ect) if so can someone point me in the right direction?

Cheers
Michael

evans_16

Jan 31, 2011
I meant i have swapped the batterys out of the 2 pads, 1 was working alot better then the other one. I am now selling my flytouch 2, it is running launcher pro, it also has over 400 apps (paid apps only).

PM me or reply
Cheers
Michael

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
I meant i have swapped the batterys out of the 2 pads, 1 was working alot better then the other one. I am now selling my flytouch 2, it is running launcher pro, it also has over 400 apps (paid apps only).

Kind of in the same vein as Cha_Indian's question, what brand of battery is your FT2 using? Did it have a name that wasn't in Mandarin? That would facilitate finding a spare one somewhere. Someone will always be willing to make a buck by selling just the parts.

cha_indian

Dec 9, 2010
apparently there are many sellers on Aliexpress and alibaba.com who sell 3.7V 2000~3000mah batteries. Perhaps we are add two of them to double the mah ... can that be possible

omniswamp

Mar 22, 2011
As long as you wire them in parallel they should be fine, but would you have the space to fit two battery packs ?? I am going to try to find out what the battery looks like in the tablet then find a similar size voltage battery but with at least double the capacity. I did see a pic of the inside of a touch 2 on a forum somewhere.

mid

Aug 28, 2010
There isn't really any space for a larger or any other battery because of the case construction. You'd have to modify the plastic holders inside to gain +1cm in both directions.
7.4V 3800mAh battery is actually large enough. ~28Wh should be enough for at least 6-7 hours of juice according to my readings from the kill-a-watt device. Since I disassembled the tablet I'll take additional readings with multimeter to get the current load.

The problem is probably that Chinese are faking the battery capacity and it's actually 7.4V 2400mAh. That would explain why people get ~4 hours of usage out of it.

I'm now trying to buy another cell or the whole pack because one of the cells has swollen and I can't get more than an hour of usage out of it anymore.
I contacted my seller for a new battery and waiting for the price. I hope it won't be around 40$ like on the ebay.

cha_indian

Dec 9, 2010
There isn't really any space for a larger or any other battery because of the case construction. You'd have to modify the plastic holders inside to gain +1cm in both directions.
7.4V 3800mAh battery is actually large enough. ~28Wh should be enough for at least 6-7 hours of juice according to my readings from the kill-a-watt device. Since I disassembled the tablet I'll take additional readings with multimeter to get the current load.

The problem is probably that Chinese are faking the battery capacity and it's actually 7.4V 2400mAh. That would explain why people get ~4 hours of usage out of it.

I'm now trying to buy another cell or the whole pack because one of the cells has swollen and I can't get more than an hour of usage out of it anymore.
I contacted my seller for a new battery and waiting for the price. I hope it won't be around 40$ like on the ebay.

hey... thanks for the reply..

Can you explain the correct procedure to open up the tablet ? i don't see any screws anywhere

andysuth

Mar 22, 2011
I think the screws are hidden in four inserts (small plastic nobbles) at the corners on the long sides. I have not removed it yet, but they seem to be where I'd put them. If they are, you just pry the plastic plugs out (with a sharp blade, carefully so as not to damage it) and the screws should be undeneath.

The easiest to describe is the one just underneath "OFF". There is another near the Stylus. And two more on the opposite long side.

I have only just received mine today and so don't intend to take it apart just yet (make sure it works first(!)) and then when I go to China next I'll be hacking the battery to use a Mobile phone equivelent so I can have one on charge and just pull out the old one and slam in a new one and keep going - a bit like I do with my Android Phone!.

Love to see inside the X220, please get a camera and do TDP when you open it up.

mid

Aug 28, 2010
I've got the version without any screws and it's pretty tricky to disassemble. I've broken my touchscreen while opening and had to order another one.
I've also disassembled a RC Li-Po battery pack 7.4V 5600mAh and as expected found inside two single cell batteries of 3.7V in series. It's basically just what I need. The only issue it that the cells are +1 cm bigger than the original ones so I'll have to modify the case. I'll try to make this mod this weekend and if successful I'll have a 40Wh battery inside my tablet and should be looking toward 10 hours runtime. :)

cha_indian

Dec 9, 2010
my pad does not have any screws anywhere ... can you explain how to open it up ? My pad's battery is having the 'memory effect' and according to experts, it is dying/dead . I need to open it to replace the battery..... Do let me know where you purchased the new battery ...

Cheers!

mid

Aug 28, 2010
Li-Ion / Li-Po batteries don't have memory effect, they just lose capacity with age and cycles (or like in my case going to hell by getting swollen).
I think that tear down instructions have already been posted. Try looking here or in slatedroid forum.

Basically you'll need to remove the digitizer by gently lifting it up with a glass sucker and cutting the glue beneath it little by little going all around the case. Be careful not to cut the digitizer cable. It located on the bottom right corner when the tablet is held horizontally. After you remove the digitizer you need to GENTLY free the screen from the ~10 plastic holders around it. Be careful because the plastic is VERY fragile. After that remove the cables for the screen and digitizer from the board and you'll have access to everything.