Battery!?

BushGoose

Mar 30, 2012
Hi

New to here, got myself a new zenithink ZT280 C91 upgrade a few days a go and thought i was going to love it...

I'm used to android for quite some time now on various phones, although not ICS, however i don't think android is the issue I have. My tablet won't charge over 16%. I've tried various things to try to sort it and none have worked. I've fully discharged, fully charged, factory reset and looked in settings etc but nothing seems to work. Does anyone know how this can be solved or if it actually can be solved? has anyone else had this problem?

I'm going to have to have the tablet replaced or get a refund if this can't be solved. Can anyone tell me if they think i should get a replacement or are there too many issues with the c91? there seem to be quite a few different ones and maybe its just luck to not have any? I guess i'm just disappointed as was really looking forward to getting it and playing around, however what with trying to fix this issue i haven't been able to really...

Also, before i tried factory reset i had go launcher on the tablet which i have on my galaxy s2 phone. when i was trying to long press the icons, the screen would mostly judder about and on the odd occasion it worked, the icon would just move up a row and i wouldn't be able to select an option to change icon/delete/etc. is this normal? pretty annoying to be honest and bugs me as i would love to use go launcher on the tablet.

the tablet was very laggy at first as well. really quite bad in fact but this does seem to have improved on the whole (still has its moments)

All in all i'm very disappointed with the tablet and really didn't expect to be. Can anyone tell me if they think i have a duff tablet(pretty sure not fake as has no bluetooth) or if i'm doing something wrong somehow or if any of my issues can be solved. Would really appreciate help asap as well as have to get refund/replacement very soon.

cheers in advance
Graeme

NeroPerth

Mar 31, 2012
Hi

New to here, got myself a new zenithink ZT280 C91 upgrade a few days a go and thought i was going to love it...

I'm used to android for quite some time now on various phones, although not ICS, however i don't think android is the issue I have. My tablet won't charge over 16%. I've tried various things to try to sort it and none have worked. I've fully discharged, fully charged, factory reset and looked in settings etc but nothing seems to work. Does anyone know how this can be solved or if it actually can be solved? has anyone else had this problem?

I'm going to have to have the tablet replaced or get a refund if this can't be solved. Can anyone tell me if they think i should get a replacement or are there too many issues with the c91? there seem to be quite a few different ones and maybe its just luck to not have any? I guess i'm just disappointed as was really looking forward to getting it and playing around, however what with trying to fix this issue i haven't been able to really...

Also, before i tried factory reset i had go launcher on the tablet which i have on my galaxy s2 phone. when i was trying to long press the icons, the screen would mostly judder about and on the odd occasion it worked, the icon would just move up a row and i wouldn't be able to select an option to change icon/delete/etc. is this normal? pretty annoying to be honest and bugs me as i would love to use go launcher on the tablet.

the tablet was very laggy at first as well. really quite bad in fact but this does seem to have improved on the whole (still has its moments)

All in all i'm very disappointed with the tablet and really didn't expect to be. Can anyone tell me if they think i have a duff tablet(pretty sure not fake as has no bluetooth) or if i'm doing something wrong somehow or if any of my issues can be solved. Would really appreciate help asap as well as have to get refund/replacement very soon.

cheers in advance
Graeme

I have one of these tablets that I bought in Australia. My one is running Androd V4.x and I have no problem with the battery. It charges to 100% and runs for several hours.

It seemed unresponsive when I first got it but is OK - but not great - now. I think that the processor can't keep up with screen input whilst it is doing 'stuff' in the background.

Maybe remove any stuff you have loaded and run it in its virgin state. If it still plays up maybe the shop can check it against another unit for you.

I am pretty happy with mine for the price and as my first Android device. It can't compare with a unit twice or three time the price but for a first Android venture its pretty good - so far.

Regards
NeroPerth (Western Australia)

BushGoose

Mar 30, 2012
I have one of these tablets that I bought in Australia. My one is running Androd V4.x and I have no problem with the battery. It charges to 100% and runs for several hours.

It seemed unresponsive when I first got it but is OK - but not great - now. I think that the processor can't keep up with screen input whilst it is doing 'stuff' in the background.

Maybe remove any stuff you have loaded and run it in its virgin state. If it still plays up maybe the shop can check it against another unit for you.

I am pretty happy with mine for the price and as my first Android device. It can't compare with a unit twice or three time the price but for a first Android venture its pretty good - so far.

Regards
NeroPerth (Western Australia)

Hi

Thanks for the reply

I completely wiped everything on it (factory reset) and that didn't work. I can use the tablet a bit and can see that for the price it probably is actually really quite good - just need the battery to be working...

I think i will get a replacement and hope i have better luck with that one. if not then get a full refund and try a different model.

cheers again
Graeme

BushGoose

Mar 30, 2012
Update - Well I did get a replacement and it turns out my original zt-280 was just a duff tablet and my new one is everything I thought it would be - AWESOME!!