Bauhn AMiD-972XS Android 4.0 Tablet

kato59

Sep 28, 2012
I have been trying to "Authenticate " this tablet with my Wireless Modem THe tablet will not synch with my Linux Tower.
Is there a setting the could "enable "the tablet to find the PC.
Thanking you ,
kato59:confused:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi kato59, congratulations on your new Bauhn tablet and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Bauhn Tablets forum for you, where more people with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

bowyerv

Aug 7, 2012
I have been trying to "Authenticate " this tablet with my Wireless Modem THe tablet will not synch with my Linux Tower.
Is there a setting the could "enable "the tablet to find the PC.
Thanking you ,
kato59:confused:

If you have not been able to find your modem all I can suggest is is that you re-set your tablet to factory settings and try again. It should be show your network.

kato59

Sep 28, 2012
Eureka ,you were spot-on. I reset the Sandwich ,and voila we are connected.
Thanks,
kato59:rolleyes:

Robbo

Sep 8, 2012
Get WiFi Manager from Google Play, it's the best way to manage the Android wifi. I have set a homescreen widget that shows me what is happening, and the IP address once connected, but pressing the widget takes me directly to the app where I can view available networks and choose to connect, forget or whatever.

Another great app is WiFi Analyzer
It will show the channel map and strength (and more) so you can set your best channel on the router.

Also, FING Network Tools is great, it allows you too look into the network and see what is connected, with a lot more detail than you may expect. I use it a lot, it's been great for working out MAC addresses of devices etc, so I can set permissions in my router to block access for times with the children etc, or many other uses.

There are so many great network tools for Android.

kato59

Sep 28, 2012
If you have not been able to find your modem all I can suggest is is that you re-set your tablet to factory settings and try again. It should be show your network.
"quote" I have reset the table ,and it is working ,very nicely ; now the only 2 problems are : 1) logging 2) is accessing the web wherever I am able to ,especially if I do not have the Wi-Fi Key.
Thanking you
kato59:)

josiah459

Oct 12, 2012

Robbo

Sep 8, 2012
Hmmm, strange, if the logo comes up it should work. Both our tablets get to recovery mode every time.

Are you releasing the power button once the indicator LED lights?

Robbo

Sep 8, 2012
Not long at all. My 972xs would be in recovery within 30 seconds.

Was about 20 seconds, just tested that.

Last edited: