BBC iPlayer on ZT280-C91 - has anyone had success?

wolfsumoto

Mar 16, 2012
I want to downgrade to 2.3.4 from ICS because i want my netflix to work and be able to get the apps i want. I down loaded the 2.3 (2017 is on the end of it, not 4) version from the zenithink website for my ZT280 C91 "3N" model but am a little lost as to how to actually do it. I am a computer geek, just not a tablet geek yet :D Can I get a little help please?

gmacp

Mar 20, 2012
I like Android 4.0,keep waiting for the new firmware which support BBC iPlayer...

Beginning to think this is C91 problem not anything to do with Android 4.0. I've also got one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/CloudNine-N...installed/dp/B0076NR2F0/ref=/ref=cm_cd_f_pb_t running Android 4.0 pre-installed and downloaded Iplayer App and works absolutely fine. On the positive side Myplayer pro App (gives you all live GB freeview channels) works fine on c91 (allowing for the squashed aspect ratio that c91 applies to all video) but won't work on Neuropad2 at present.

didboi

May 8, 2012
Sorry I am not a techy. grabbed the Apk file, put it on a sd card, but the ZT-ics couldn't find it. :0( (sorry I couldn't find how to access it on the tab didn't seem to work or I couldn't work it out) . could you post a how to guide pretty please :0)

didboi

May 8, 2012
if no one has got a solution i have one that worked for me. signed up to the forum just to let everyone know.

i got my table. uninstalled flash player that came with tablet [i did this cause android market told me so as it wont let me update]. installed v11.

didnt install anything else. installed iplayer from market... didnt work as per usual. so i deleted it. got the first iplayer V1.0 from google somewhere. i think it was...

BBC iPlayer v1.0 for Android.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download -

then put it on USB [or even SD card] installed it... and didnt work... so changed the setting in browser [in advanced section] to android browser mode.

back to iplayer, and all is well.

i was close to installing gingerbread, but then it would defeat my purpose of having an ICS tablet. doh!

good luck everyone!

Thanks for posting this. Managed to load the APK file after I had installed a APK installer off the android store. :eek:) Updated Browser settings to Android was on I-pad settings.
Still not able to use Iplayer. oh hum This time whenchoose a programe don't even get the ever lasting circle of frustration lol
anyone got any other ideas. lol

bash

Nov 22, 2012
Thanks for posting this. Managed to load the APK file after I had installed a APK installer off the android store. :eek:) Updated Browser settings to Android was on I-pad settings.
Still not able to use Iplayer. oh hum This time whenchoose a programe don't even get the ever lasting circle of frustration lol
anyone got any other ideas. lol

hi, found a temporary fix on c93,
in the browser click the three dots in the top right corner select settings then advanced, then set browser type and change to desktop. this should then work fine. you can use this until a fix comes with the app. be aware i think this will probably use more data as i think it setting the browser as a desktop one hense more data use. so you should change it back when you are not using it. this may also work with on demand 5 etc if my assumptions are correct. hope this helps. thank you

katsoft

Jul 25, 2012
Just a quick note. BBC iplayer works on zenithink c91. Use Flash 10.2, don't upgrade Flash Player Flash 11 won't work. Use previous version of BBC player, not latest one on PlayStore, for same reason. I can watch both live and archived programs on BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, STV Player and 5on demand but for some reason I can't get channel 4 to work. You can always try using BBC iPlayer on website using browser. Or use TVCatchup to watch live Freeview TV works no problems. I had BBCiPlayer working on ZT282 C91 upgrade straight out of box, using a custom rom and now using latest firmware update from Zenithink site.
All you need to do is try a couple of previous BBC iPlayer apps with Flash 10.2. When you get iPlayer working and press on video link it will ask if you want to upgrade always tap "upgrade later" and set Flash Player to not automatically upgrade . Best is to store backups of BBC iPlayer ver 5 and Flash Player 10.2 in a safe place in case of mishap.