BBC on Galaxy 10.1

sprockerman

Dec 30, 2011
Hi, I can access the BBC website from my Galaxy but it won't play live TV. Everytime I try, through my home wi-fi. it directs me to the 'mobile' site. I can watch on my laptop but when I put the same URL into the Galaxy it changes it to mobile and fails to find the live page? Any ideas please?
Sprockerman

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Open your browser on the tablet. Go to Settings->Advanced->User agent string and select Desktop. This will make sites stop seeing your tablet as a mobile device.

Cheers,
Peter

ChrisWesley

Apr 16, 2012
pbrauer, I have a Galaxy 10.1, but there is no "User agent string" option in the menu system under the Advanced tab as you describe, nor under any other tab.
I see Set search engine, Open in background, Enable JavaScript, Enable plug-ins, Website settings, Open pages in Overview, Auti-fit pages, Block pop-ups, Load images, test encoding and reset to default, and that's it.

Please help me to see what I'm missing.

Thanks, Chris

J

jimbo7630

I just tried it on a Flytouch running Gingerbread 2.3.4 I got into Settings without the Advanced bit and clicked on UA String whiclh opened a page where I could select Desktop.

Last edited by a moderator: