benss b11 rooting

shmupped

May 14, 2012
I've recently bought a korean benss b11 tablet, and although I'm overall quite happy with it, I feel that I need to root it to give it a cleanup and preformance boost.
Ive searched this and other forums thouroghly and could not find any info, so any help would be appreciated!

Benss B11
Android/baseband version: 4.0.3
Kernel: 3.0.8 root@ubuntu #117
Build number: crane_evb-eng 4.0.3 IML74K 20120323 dev keys

I understand that ICS does not have many roots, so is it therefore possible to downgrade to gingerbread with root access?
Also is it worth giving a oneclick root app a shot or is it likely I'll brick my tablet as its not widely known/researched?
Thank you for your time.

Edit- I realise my request may be a big ask, so if that's the case, can anyone give me information on what makes certain rooting processes work on some devices but not others? In the hope that I can maybe find that my chinese tablet is built around a more popular design and can implement its root to my device.

Last edited:

Wanden

Jun 25, 2012
The Benss is one of the best kept secrets in tablet PC land. I sell them here in the UK and my customers are always very happy with their purchase.

To answer you're question your Benss B11 comes rooted out of the box. If you want access the root to delete apps etc install ES File Explorer. Open it and click on the settings (three dots on the task bar, then select settings). In settings check the 'Enable up to root option, then check the 'root explorer' and 'mount file system'. Press the back button, press the up button and you will be in the root. To delete apps go into the system folder, then apps folder. Before you do make sure you have 'Force Stop' the apps and 'Disabled' them in <settings><apps>

And there you have it. Let me know how you get on.