best 3G dongle for Cube U30GT

leo2575

Sep 3, 2012
My Cube U30GT arrived last week and I have been playing around with it. Very very happy with all the features.. I tried to use a Huawei 3G dongle but somehow couldn't get it to work. Later read in some forums that all dongles dont work with these CHinese tablets. So want to know from members the models which actually work with the U30GT.

Thanks in advance.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Some dongles do work and some require you have certain versions of Android installed -- but I must say that getting any 3G dongle to work on any version of Android on any tablet is a crap shoot. I have a link in my signature with some info regarding communicating with no WiFi that may help.

leo2575

Sep 3, 2012
In fact it did work for few seconds after installing the PPP widget app available on the playstore. After that it never worked. When i checked the Cube site and other forums i found a list of modems which are compatible with U30GT. This is the list

HUAWEI E1916, ZTE AC2736, HUAWEI E1750, HUAWEI EC122, HUAWEI EM770W

I want to get some feedback from members before i buy any of the above just to be sure.

BTW i liked the mifi routers you mentioned in your link cos a simple 3G dongle would cost the same price and are locked to a single provider. Here I can change the provider by changing the 2G or 3G SIM.

It definitely make sense to use my phones internet (via WIFI tethering) but in the process would have to sacrifice the phones battery.

So ideally a "Compatible" 3G dongle would make perfect sense, hence this endless search ;)

Last edited:

leo2575

Sep 3, 2012
Update ****

I installed the PPP Widget and inserted the Tata Photon+ data card(Available in India) and it worked.. I am happy.. Will test with other data cards and update the results..

leo2575

Sep 3, 2012
I got a Huawei E173 sim free 3g dongle, slide a 3G SIM card and vola it worked. The tablet recognized it immediately and within 10 seconds i can see the 3g network icon blinking. So I can vouche that the E173 model works with Cube U30GT which means it should work with most other Chinese brand of android tablets.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I got a Huawei E173 sim free 3g dongle, slide a 3G SIM card and vola it worked. The tablet recognized it immediately and within 10 seconds i can see the 3g network icon blinking. So I can vouche that the E173 model works with Cube U30GT which means it should work with most other Chinese brand of android tablets.

That's good to know. So I will certainly keep that one on my list.