Best 5 Note Taking apps for Xoom

rockcruze

Jun 12, 2011
AK Notepad. ;)
With the app, you can write anything you want. Set a reminder based on your note, send your note by SMS or email. You can stik a note on your home screen for easy access. You can also customize the notes appearance and also sort or search notes by title. All with LED Notifications.
Youtube :

AHG Cloud Note [/B] :cool:
One of our favourites , AGH Cloud Note not only lets you take notes in a traditional way but offers added benefits like Cloud servers to store them , share them and access them from anywhere . With AHG Cloud note you can add imaged , Video , text and lot of your ideas to make your notes come live . Cloud Note is made for corporate and business users to simplify the process of creation of instructions, tutorials, knowledge base articles, field reports - and sharing them. Cloud Note makes it easy to capture and document process or procedure on the spot with your smartphone, by taking images / video and adding explanatory text, share and exchange documents, and integrate them into corporate systems, such as knowledge base or LMS.
Youtube :

EVERNOTE :D
Evernote is one of the most talked about online note taking applications. One special feature here is the drag-and-drop desktop version that allows you to see your notes and clips offline. You can use the Evernote mobile application for your Windows Mobile phone or iphone to capture pictures and record audio to send to your Evernote account. You can also email notes to Evernote using a secret email address. Youtube :

Note Everything :)
A note (notepad) application where you can create text-, voice- and paint-notes. Your notes can be organized in folders. You can create shortcuts on home, send notes, use live folders & much more!
Youtube :

ColorNote :p
With ColorNote for Android, you could easily take notes or create a checklist. The App is highly customizable and you could change the background color of the notes simply. You can even share notes and set a reminder for them. It does not sync with Google Tasks, but you could backup all your notes and checklists and save them on the phone. It will ask you for a master password and will encrypt all the notes. Notes can be searched by text or by voice and with ColorDict, a dictionary could be added too. The widget is also powerful and the App puts a reminder for a note on the status bar. ColorNote is really useful and the different colors make it attractive.
Youtube :
d

Last edited by a moderator:

SwissGuy

Apr 21, 2011
I will be glad if you can give me feedback regarding the application I currently develop for turning an android tablet in an electronic notepad: TabNotes.
Let me know your feelings and send me your comments to improve this app.

f-1-411606b0659019b419bc79b78d7f61e8f7170113

caiguar

Jun 28, 2011
Sounds interesting, I have been looking like crazy for something like this. Does this app require a stylus and if someone else has one please review for us, I will try to find and install but I am at work and cannot right now. Thanks for the heads up.

I will be glad if you can give me feedback regarding the application I currently develop for turning an android tablet in an electronic notepad: TabNotes.
Let me know your feelings and send me your comments to improve this app.

f-1-411606b0659019b419bc79b78d7f61e8f7170113

ramekjb

Jun 23, 2011
It acts up on Acer 500. It looks soooo close to Upad type interface. I am still playing with it, but when I go to the writing area, it is very small. I write, hit enter, then a huge delay before a larger page "paces" into view. takes about 10 seconds to show up. You are on the right track, just needs a lot of refinement. Is it mainly for tablets (10.1") or phones? Almost seems like it is set up more for phones.

I will keep checking. If you can make it Upad like (for Ipad), you will have a winner.

Thanks

tankueray

Jun 28, 2011
I used and loved NoteTaker HD on iPad, but there isn't a decent Android equivalent. I've tried everything else on the market that I could find, and finally installed FlexT9 from Nuance (The makers of Dragon Naturally Speaking.) It's actually a keyboard, and works in any app that uses a keyboard input. You can use a swype-like interface, voice recognition (Dragon-needs wifi), regular typing, and handwriting recognition with your finger or a stylus. But the handwriting is more like the old Palm input (one letter at a time) rather than actually writing fluidly. My two most productive apps on the iPad were NoteTaker HD and Dragon Dictation, FlexT9 is the closest compromise for both. I find the voice recognition in FlexT9's version of Dragon much better than iPad. The only issue is that unless you're familiar with Dragon's commands, you'll be frustrated with the lack of documentation on FlexT9's voice input. (e.g. say "period" to end a sentence, "next line" for a carriage return, etc.)

Regarding TabNotes, I was more impressed with it than other Android note apps. Unfortunately there's not a lot of documentation for it and it's a little hard to figure out, so there are some bad reviews mentioning that you can only write on the cover of the notebook. I had a hard time figuring out how to create the paper inside of the cover and using different papers. It has great potential, but lacks integration with other services and I think the input is a little too sensitive. But I'm basing that on my experience with NoteTaker HD, and that's really unfair to any other note taking app. I would like to at least see TabNotes integrate with Evernote and import PDFs for annotation. I'll enjoy using it when it's a little more complete.

BillC

Jun 29, 2011
I like to take notes in mind mapping applications. I've been very impressed with Thinking Space. It has a cloud upload option and is compatible with FreePlane on my Linux and Windows boxes.

SwissGuy

Apr 21, 2011
I just added the export to PDF feature for TabNotes (with writing integrated as spline for perfect printing).
I will follow the advice of Tankueray and try to provide more documentation (currently the only tutorial is only displayed once and you cannot display it anymore after this).

liholdder

Jul 14, 2011
Thanks for sharing these wonderful apps. The ColorNote gave me a fantastic impression. I love the changeable color feature. I'm going to try it on my tablet and set different colors for different notes. That would be really cool!