Best Android Primer ??

ADude

Mar 4, 2011
Hi !

I have a lot of experience with Windows, Unix, Palm even DOS - but the Nook Color is my first Android device.

Most of the issues are similar to the old Palm/Clie world (even similar apps).

But every new area has different terminology (for example, "sideload" was "upload" or "sync" in Palm world).

So, can anyone point me to a good Android primer ?

Thanks.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I learned my way around Android by researching a bunch of sites. I don't know of one guide in particular. We are here if you have questions. Here a couple that I believe are good resources...

Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog - All about Android and the DROID lineup of phones, Rooting, Apps, Reviews and Videos.

Android Life: An Android Community Blog - An Android Community Blog covering major Android devices releases and rumors.

Android Forums & Windows Phone Discussion @ xda-developers

Android -- Engadget

Welcome to Android: A beginner’s guide to freedom - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Android 101: A Guide to Using Your Android Phone - PCWorld

*edit: keep in mind, while I love my Mac computer, they are Apple fanboys over at Engadget. So just know that their reviews are sometimes biased.

Last edited:

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
*edit: keep in mind, while I love my Mac computer, they are Apple fanboys over at Engadget. So just know that their reviews are sometimes biased.

LOL, spit coffee on my keyboard. I knew there was a reason I hung out on this forum beyond the good Android insights.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Lol, I do enjoy Engadget from time to time but they should be called EngApplet:)