Best Android tablet apart from nexus 10.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I have never seen a sdcard port fail on any device, my guess neither have you, so they are all equal regardless of the price of the device, your post is funny to me, I don't think you thought it through. people want to save money and you think a sdcard slot cost $5 dollars yet Google charges almost $100 just for the storage so $5 verse $100 interesting.

Mrhelper

Apr 29, 2012
Most tablet owners are not buying $100 of cloud storage for the same reasons that most don't really care that much about an SD card. Additionally, most cloud users are likely using free storage, not premium storage. The free Google drive storage is 15GB.

I've found that the micro sd card can actually be inconvenient at times. I put one in my a500 and never touch it. I can barely hold onto it without a tweezers. The tiny things can be so difficult to insert and remove. I've also actually had several cards go bad in phones, and at least one terribly unreliable slot on a cheap reader. The card in the a500 works fine, but I didn't really need the storage, because it has 32GB internal storage, and I keep things backed up on my servers anyway.

Read my post a little more carefully. I never said that I think an SD card slot costs $5. It could be more, or it could be less. That's not the point. The point is that every single part on a device has a cost, and the added cost is not just for the plastic and metal. I merely pointed out that I understand the benefit to customers of having the option to buy devices without parts they don't want. I also think that it's great to have the choice to buy tablets with sd cards. When there are more choices, more people have the opportunity to get what they want.

If you don't like the Nexus tabs, you don't have to buy one. We have lots of great choices available.