Best Browser?

driver3260

May 13, 2013
Hi fom stoke, As of yet I dont need any idvice but it's good to know that if I do you guy's are here. Just one quick question, What if any is the best browser to use on a tablet? I would just like to say thanks in advance, Mike

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Driver, congratulations on your TouchPad 9.7 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion regarding the best browser to use on a tablet. Enjoy your tablet and the forum!

raju201239

Mar 23, 2012
I loved browsing on chrome browser over a tablet device. It works fine with speed & less crash problems.

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
Hi fom stoke, As of yet I dont need any idvice but it's good to know that if I do you guy's are here. Just one quick question, What if any is the best browser to use on a tablet? I would just like to say thanks in advance, Mike

Hi from me. It might be interesting for you to say which browser you currently use and why. Have you tried any others and if so, what opinions have you on them.

I use a laptop 99% of the time. Like everyone else, IE is installed on it. In no particular order:-

I have tried Opera and adjusted it to suite my way of usage, but the biggest pain in the proverbial arse for me, was the holier than thou comments from regular users of that browser that turned me off. So whether or not Opera is good, it's followers are not my cup of tea.

I have used Mozilla Firefox many times and the last few installations have brought problems for me. Within no time at all, a box would pop up giving me rubbish about Flash not working properly and despite numerous attempts to rectify it, I binned it.

My current favourite is Chrome, with fingers/legs and anything else that I can cross, chrome suits me. I know many people avoid it because of google and any tracking it may do, but I don't loose sleep over that.

IE ?,well it's ok and if something happens when using chrome, I revert to IE and usually that resolves it.

No doubt it all boils down to you personally and what you favour and get on with. Whatever your thoughts, share them with us.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I also use a laptop/desktop 99% of the time, and have tried just about every browser out there. Firefox is the one I settled on, because of all the useful add-ons I've discovered and use a lot.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
I'm surprised to learn that supposedly savvy and with it dudes are still using laptops and desktops the majority of the time. What's up with that? I mean haven't you people heard that Microsoft and Apple PCs are going the way of tube TVs. Daaa... Now, to get back to your original question, Mike - I started out using the stock browser, but now find myself choosing Chrome most of the time.
Cheers.
Ed

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
I'm also a Chrome user both on my laptop and tablet.

Usually on laptop, I used Slimbrowser which I found very user-friendly although not recommend but you can try it in your laptop / desktop pc so you'll see what I mean.

Browsers are depending of each individual users on how they use it and if suits to their needs

Sent from my A500 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
I'm surprised to learn that supposedly savvy and with it dudes are still using laptops and desktops the majority of the time. What's up with that? I mean haven't you people heard that Microsoft and Apple PCs are going the way of tube TVs. Daaa... Now, to get back to your original question, Mike - I started out using the stock browser, but now find myself choosing Chrome most of the time.
Cheers.
Ed

Hi Edap in Canada, I don't consider myself as savy, maybe experienced, as for being a dude, cool or not, I am very old and to have reached the stage where with a mobile phone, laptop, netbook and now tablet, I consider I am doing all right. Many times I speak to people my age who say they are much too old to even contemplate the internet, so I smugly smile to myself. C'mon, give a guy a break.ha ha

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I'm surprised to learn that supposedly savvy and with it dudes are still using laptops and desktops the majority of the time.

I suppose you're right Ed, I really should consider going high tech and replace my laptop with a tablet.

Right now, I'm simultaneously connected to a full size KB, mouse, 2 monitors, 2 1TB external HDs, 2 DVD burners, 2 printers, a scanner, a card reader that accepts 41 different cards, a virtual Fax machine and a virtual printer. I'm running two operating systems at the same time ( 1 Real, 1 Virtual ) and can switch to a third with a touch of a button. There are 4 different browsers I can use all at the same time if necessary and I typically have as many as 10 or more forum Windows open at the same time while monitoring 14 different email accounts and a couple of news feeds and GTalking with the other staff members. I have the latest Flash etc. and have yet to encounter a format of movie or audio file the system can't handle, and I can update, backup or restore the entire system while I'm using it. Since it's all connected to an automatic whole house generator, battery life isn't a problem.

When I find a tablet in the same $500 range that will do that, I'll probably get myself up to date technically.:cool:

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
I suppose you're right Ed, I really should consider going high tech and replace my laptop with a tablet.

Right now, I'm simultaneously connected to a full size KB, mouse, 2 monitors, 2 1TB external HDs, 2 DVD burners, 2 printers, a scanner, a card reader that accepts 41 different cards, a virtual Fax machine and a virtual printer. I'm running two operating systems at the same time ( 1 Real, 1 Virtual ) and can switch to a third with a touch of a button. There are 4 different browsers I can use all at the same time if necessary and I typically have as many as 10 or more forum Windows open at the same time while monitoring 14 different email accounts and a couple of news feeds and GTalking with the other staff members. I have the latest Flash etc. and have yet to encounter a format of movie or audio file the system can't handle, and I can update, backup or restore the entire system while I'm using it. Since it's all connected to an automatic whole house generator, battery life isn't a problem.

When I find a tablet in the same $500 range that will do that, I'll probably get myself up to date technically.:cool:

Jesus!, how do you sleep at night ?my mind would be so active.

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
I'm also a Chrome user both on my laptop and tablet.

Usually on laptop, I used Slimbrowser which I found very user-friendly although not recommend but you can try it in your laptop / desktop pc so you'll see what I mean.

Browsers are depending of each individual users on how they use it and if suits to their needs

I'm like a dog with a bone, I don't seem to be able to let this go. Slimbrowser I've never heard of, you say it's user friendly and in the next breath you say "not recommended" ?. I'll have a look at it now.

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
I'm like a dog with a bone, I don't seem to be able to let this go. Slimbrowser I've never heard of, you say it's user friendly and in the next breath you say "not recommended" ?. I'll have a look at it now.

What I mean "Not Recommended" it means I'm just avoiding Advertisement.

It's up to the individuals who will try and test the said browser. But for me or my own opinion and experience, I liked it.

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
I've jusy googled it and read Slimbrowsers own write-up, plus watch some of their explanatory video's and liked the phot section a lot. So, I going to download it. It's a wet day here in the UK so I am able to spend time here. Hope it's fine wherever you are.