Best Browser?

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
It's hot and no-wind here in the Philippines and as of this time, still on going of the counting for final results of mid-term elections in our country

BTW, did I forget to mention that it is also customisable on some part such as command in-line esp for entering or adding sites, etc. You figure it out how to do it as you like.

Sent from my A500 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
UK here calling the Philippines from Slimbrowser ! Hey, it seems OK. Time must be spent going through it. Currently my imported favourites from hrome run along the top, all out of order, so I will have to drag 'em about. The thing is, some sites don't have an icon of their own, just a blob and where I have folders created by myself, they don't exhibite and clues, that's because I have "icon only" marked, were I to allow descriptions/names, then the list would shoot off the end of the page and I'd have to physically click to look at them, I much prefer to see everything.

Then there are the tabs showing, I don't need to have them, once I've moved on, then that's it. HUH, Sorted that out, it's gone now, good. One thing that used to bug me on some browsers is that will all the bars showing, it decreases the viewing page. I know you can hit F11, but thus far, with a smaller typeface in the current three bars, it is satisfactory. I will continue experimenting whilst playing Miss Saigon.

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
That's nothing, I'm still surprised there are 7-11 stores in the Philippines. (From another thread.):confused:
Yes Spider, there is. Also several food chains like McDonalds, Wendy's, etc.

Our country was once have some American bases here but now they're gone but still American spirit and mentality and what they've left still remains…

Sent from my A500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Yes Spider, there is. Also several food chains like McDonalds, Wendy's, etc.

Our country was once have some American bases here but now they're gone but still American spirit and mentality and what they've left still remains…

Sounds like I'd feel right at home there only warmer than our freezing temperatures of late.:cool: I noticed on your screenshot the temperatures were in the 90's F and we've been in the 30's and 40's for the last few days.

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
&It's Summer Season here in the Philippines May till June but some rains on other parts of the country.

Sent from my A500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
After quite a while, I have moved the favourites so they are in the same order as in chrome. One thing I noticed is that not all icons emerge as they should, but because they are in the same order, no doubt I will get them right. One thing you might be able to help me with is this. I have created 8 folders which contain specific type websites. For instance I have Trl which contains all sites apertaining to travel I use frequently, then there is TV, for a host of sites showing access to stations I might use, another is Inc, which is my abbreviation for incidental, so if I come accross a website I want to study in detail and haven't the time, I put the site there to look at on a rainy day.

So, with 8 of these all looking the same, I have had to highlight "show short title", this in itself, means that ALL icons require the short title, which takes up space. So, is it possible to introduce an icon (goodness knows from where" to replace the brown folder and short title.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
On desktops/laptops I use Firefox. I might be inclined to use Chrome, but it doesn't provide an option to go to newly-opened tabs automatically, and that annoys me no end. On tablets I've tried the stock Android browser, Dolphin, Opera, Firefox and Chrome. Chrome was far and away the best, but I lost that when I dumped my Galaxy Tab 2 and went back to my Vizio VTAB. Sad to say: But the stock Android browser is more reliable and less clumsy on my VTAB than any of the others that I can use on it, so that's what I'm back to using.

edap: As for using archiac old laptops and desktops, rather than modern tablets: After initial exitement over tablets, the glamour's kind of worn off, for me, and I really don't use mine, much, any more. It has its uses, but I've found the whole tablet experience to be rather a disappointment. *shrug*

Jim

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Don't misunderstand me, people. I'm not saying we should all toss our PCs into the nearest recycling bin to make room for all those nifty new tabs that are rumored to be on their way. And, even that $500. Android tablet/PC hybrid is still a couple of years away. After all, with so many ereaders on the market now, the paperback shows no sign of wanting to call it quits. So, all things considered, Microsoft and Apple still rule, in most senior households anyway.
Ed

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
Don't misunderstand me, people. I'm not saying we should all toss our PCs into the nearest recycling bin to make room for all those nifty new tabs that are rumored to be on their way. And, even that $500. Android tablet/PC hybrid is still a couple of years away. After all, with so many ereaders on the market now, the paperback shows no sign of wanting to call it quits. So, all things considered, Microsoft and Apple still rule, in most senior households anyway.
Ed

Ed I thought you were quiet today. Your post has really taken off, mind you we've digressed a bit. As for tossing (agh humn) our PC's anywhere, i'm sure we won't. Have a good day or evening, whatever it is with you.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
It's almost noon here where I am, north of Toronto, in Wasaga Beach, the 'longest fresh water beach in the world'. No 711's here yet, but we've got a couple of McDonalds and a Burger King. As for the weather, it snowed on Sunday, but tomorrow it's going up to 78. The population is only around 17000, mostly seniors, but swells to over 100,000 on hot, summer weekends. After lunch, we're off to our monthly members meeting at one of the local seniors clubs. If I have time when we get back, I'll have to try out Slimbrowser, after the hockey game, of course.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
After all, with so many ereaders on the market now, the paperback shows no sign of wanting to call it quits.

Talk about weird coincidences, just yesterday evening I bought 4 used paperbacks at a Goodwill store. At 89¢ each, I couldn't turn them down.:eek:

As for the weather, it snowed on Sunday, but tomorrow it's going up to 78.

Sounds as though your weather is even stranger than ours.:rolleyes:

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
Spider, it doesn't seem that long ago you were posting, have you been to bed and it's a new day for you?.

I'm hoping someone will come and tell me how to access the photo side of things in slimbrowser and how to introduce icons to replace the half a dozen or so buff folders.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Spider, it doesn't seem that long ago you were posting, have you been to bed and it's a new day for you?

Yes, it's a new day and a nice warm one for a change. It's 81°F already and going to a high of 83°, I just hope it lasts for a while this time.:cool:

Unfortunately, I don't use slimbrowser. Hopefully someone who does will be able to solve your icon problem.

Update: 4:10 PM and it's 94°F

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I use desktop more than I use a tablet, my favorite browser is Iceweasel, I have used it for a very long time never had a problem with Iceweasel, on tablet's I use Chrome, Opera, default browser mostly Chrome.