best buy couldnt wait?

1kyle01

Apr 24, 2011
I just bought the original
s7 less than A month ago and im ready for the slim to be here i want a different version. But does this slim have a kickstand or any accesories?

Woodfiend

Nov 28, 2010
I haven't bought the Transformer yet overclockedi7...... I can't find any in stock anywhere....... Best buy is out, none in staples.......etc etc. I will have to wait until stores get more.

Woodfiend

Nov 28, 2010
Kyle I can't remember if the slim S7 has a kickstand or not..... I think it does not although from the rear view it is deceptive and looks like it might. I seem to remember people saying it didn't have one though. And unfortunately Huawei is terrible with accessories so I doubt anything for the Slim. However I do still like my S7. It is currently connected to the receiver in our bedroom two channel system on pandora duty...... the Xoom is going to be linked to the receiver in the theater AV rack. The Asus will float with me and the Gtab just drives me bonkers...... :)

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Kyle I can't remember if the slim S7 has a kickstand or not..... I think it does not although from the rear view it is deceptive and looks like it might. I seem to remember people saying it didn't have one though. And unfortunately Huawei is terrible with accessories so I doubt anything for the Slim. However I do still like my S7. It is currently connected to the receiver in our bedroom two channel system on pandora duty...... the Xoom is going to be linked to the receiver in the theater AV rack. The Asus will float with me and the Gtab just drives me bonkers...... :)

I'm curious what the transformer offers that would tempt you to carry it and leave the xoom as a dedicated device, unless it is the keyboard dock?

overclockedi7

Apr 25, 2011
Hey woodfield lol I dislike the gtab myself but for reasons I won't post here cuz well they are simply opinionated and not good enough but may I ask why it drives you crazy since u actually own one? Just buggy or what

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
Hmm, I'm happy someone pointed out the Asus transformer. I was unaware of it till this thread. I use a lot of Asus products, esp laptops, netbooks, motherboards, and video cards. They make some pretty good equipment. I can't wait till BB has it so I can see one, hold it in my hands, and see how good it works. If I can get one I'll be getting one w/ keyboard as you can buy w/ or w/o. I'll probably replace my netbook with this =P I just hope that gamestring adrenaline will actually support tablets such as these as playing my PC games on the go would be awesome.

Woodfiend

Nov 28, 2010
I'm interested in the Asus transformer because of the IPS screen. I don't want the keyboard (my wife and I have 2 laptops i5 and a desktop i7 quad core) so if I want a keyboard i will grab one of the others. I love the screen on my xoom and don't plan on abandoning it just want to be able to compare etc..... The S7 is completely relegated to home use as the screen is harder to see when outdoors or in a car etc. Plus I am networking the house so having extra devices to control other things or sync with the home theater etc can't be a bad thing (if I am able to incorporate them).

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I've heard some negative comments about the Transformer and Asus in general, and all of them coming from people who have never seen one in person, including a salesperson at BestBuy. I personally hold Asus in fairly high regard, having bought, on a wim of sorts, the first EeePc with a 7" screen and a 4gig SSD running Linux. To this day I think it is very cool.
I didn't realize the Transformer had an IPS screen, and the obvious iPad comparisons aside, I can't wait to hear an informed opinion on it.

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
[Rant] BB sales persons usually dismiss Asus because they don't pay spiffs to said sales persons. I used to work retail and employees will push what will pay more, simple as that. Asus didn't sell in BB till 2009-2010 due to how BB wants units made for them with less warranty and lower specs. This is so that BB can upsell the customer into additional warranties and upgrade services. One of the biggest things they do, that I don't like, is to sell you a 1 year warranty on an item that ALREADY has a warranty via the manufacturer. I've asked, "Will that warranty incease the 1 year already given by X company?" I've always been answered, "No but if something goes wrong, we'll take care of replacing it for you." So, basically you are paying them to do what you yourself could do free of charge (depending on if shipping is covered =P) [/Rant]

TLDR: Don't trust BB sales persons as they aren't paid well enough to know better

@woodfiend: The only thing that interests me about the keyboard is the extra battery and if gamesting adrenaline goes live. SO, I won't be able to purchase one will June/July anyway, so I have time to wait and see. Also, thanks for the extra info about the screen. Just more of a reason I'd want one over the Xoom.