Best Buy Launching Their Own Android Tablet: The Insignia Flex Tablet

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
best-buy-insignia-flex-android-tab.jpeg

Best Buy officially announced their plan to launch their own Android tablet November 11th, hoping to compete for the attention of Holiday shoppers amongst the gamut of options available. The tablet will be called The Insignia Flex Tablet. Very few details are known about the device at this time, except for the following:
  • 9.7-inch display
  • Dual-core 1GHz processor
  • 10 hours of battery life
  • Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
We will keep you informed when more info is shared.

Source: Examiner

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
Last year's specs and no discernible services make this a transparent and somewhat weak marketing ploy that will simply be in the background during your shopping.

Do yourselves and your loved ones a favor this season: Go for brands you know so you at least have a chance of some real support down the road.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Fairly standard operating procedures for Insignia anything. Cheap is the key.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Its called Flex, it might be flexible in which case I wouldn't dismiss it like this! :-D

$ForumRunner_20121016_213238.png

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I think I see your point, I once had a very flexible.....tablet that satisfied needs I never even new I had.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Not enough info to really comment, should be jelly bean though, there may be an upgrade available who knows. Right now to early to speculate on what it will or will not have.

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
hmmm, cut rate brand sold by Best Buy.

I don't think I need much more information than that.
Its name is flex, that doesn't imply what it does, and certainly not at THAT price point.

Don't get your hopes up, and by all means steer clear of wishful thinking! LOL

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2