Best cases / screen protectors for the Le Pan TC 970?

Pugsley

Dec 5, 2011
I've seen a lot of people inquiring about both screen protectors and cases for the TC 970, but have not really heard of any clear winners for the device. I figure I would create a topic specific to this instead of getting lost in other posts. Please post your case/screen protector successes and failures, I'm sure it would help out a lot of people! I have yet to receive my tablet, but it's on order. Would love to get a case + screen protector before it arrives.

frankthetank

Jun 20, 2011
I've used this case from Amazon.

Technocel Leather Flip Book Case/folio for Apple Ipad (Black)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HD5EXO/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details

I wouldn't call it a perfect fit, but with some modifications of using a rubber mallet to bend the "leather" corners and side clips...it's quite functional. Granted it is only about 4 days old now so I can't speak for durability. It looks nice and seems to work well. The stand works pretty well but again it's not perfect. It doesn't cover any buttons so that's always important. The reviews were very positive.

Haven't purchased a screen protector yet, Amazon has one of those also that is supposed to cut the glare and fingerprints but I had a hell of a time trying to put one of those on my phone without bubbles and dust. I can't image trying it on a larger scale. If it came in a 5-pack I could probably get it right by the 5th one.

By the way, keep an eye on the case before pulling the trigger. The price has ranged from $8.60 - $14.25 over the past week.

Last edited:

Sir_Cusfreak

Nov 29, 2011
Le Pan links this on their site...plain, simple, cheap. I know it's not for everyone, but it won't need to be cut, modded for ports or clips, and doesn't have the front frame that so many do, so your buttons, camera, and sensor won't be covered up.
Amazon.com: CrazyOnDigital Black Leather Case For Apple iPad: Electronics

Barring that, the Targus Truss case is also a good way to go, is also linked on LePan's site, and has a stand. A user on another forum reports it fits and works fine. (Personally, I don't like the colors on the Targus, but that's just me. Had it been colored differently, I probably would have bought it. I know it's silly, but it's true.)

http://www.amazon.com/Targus-Leathe...5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1323185322&sr=1-5

I know that LePan has some cases linked that do cover ports or the camera or the buttons. They fit in size but not design, so kinda depends on how "moddy" you want to get. They do look nice, for what that's worth.

I had my eye on that same Technocel Frank posted, for several days, but I just had a feeling those clips weren't gonna fit, so I bought a book-style with the four corner straps instead. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow. Basic as it gets, but should work for what I need, hopefully.

GL. If anyone finds "the perfect case" let the rest of us in on it, eh?

Last edited:

fuzzmanks

Nov 27, 2011
I picked up this Belkin Tri-fold leather stand at Walmart on Black Friday for $15. The LePan does not fit in the frame holder, thus the cover won't close and the flap that hold the tablet in the frame won't tuck. Item model number: F8N618cw

Sir_Cusfreak

Nov 29, 2011
Update:
I got the case I ordered, a folio-style leather book, with four corner straps to hold the tablet in place. The ports were all open, and the buttons on the front were available, and the camera and light sensor. It's too bad the strap fit exactly where the power button is. It has to go back, cause it turns on and off the machine at most inopportune times.

However:

Amazon.com: Targus Truss Case/Stand for HP TouchPad - THZ07202US (Black/Gray): Electronics

(different Targus than linked above. Had not seen this one before.)

Le Pan has suggested this one, and some users report perfect fit. I'm going to take the chance on it, and send back the one I bought. I'll post again when the new one gets here.

Last edited:

iamtribble

Dec 8, 2011
I have the Crazyondigital one listed above and it is a good fit but I am thinking I like frankthetanks choice, that one looks pretty cool.

frankthetank

Jun 20, 2011
Sir_Cus - That one looks pretty nice. Please let us know what you think of it when it arrives. That top strap looks very close to the power button also, I hope it works. I still like mine but I'm not 100% crazy about it. Ocassionally, I need to bend the tabs in a little bit to secure the tablet or else I feel like it could fall out.

By the way, I can't stop laughing at the quote at the bottom of your posts.

Tribble - You may want to hold off on ordering until we hear back from Sir_Cus. If he likes it... there is a good chance I will have it heading my way and could compare the two side-by-side.

Sir_Cusfreak

Nov 29, 2011
I have ordered the Targus for HP. It shipped today, by 2ndDay, and I'll review it for everyone when it's here. I notice 2 different Amazon reviews that specifically say it fits the LePan perfectly, and a third that says it fits an unnamed 9.7" tablet, so I have hopes for it. One reviewer said that LePan Customer service specifically recommended it...We'll see how it goes.

Pugsley

Dec 5, 2011
Firstly, I just want to thank everyone for their input so far. I went ahead and ordered the Crazyondigital one, and although have not received it yet, am still looking forward to it, however, after reading about the power button issue, I have some reservations for now. It wasn't too expensive, but hopefully a mod of some type can prevent that from happening. If worse comes to worse, I'll pick up a Targus.