Best cases / screen protectors for the Le Pan TC 970?

JulesVerne

Dec 14, 2011
The case arrived today, ordered on ebay.ca (fulfilled by Staples.ca)

On putting the Le Pan in for the first time, the upper right hand corner came undone... very weak stitching... only 3 stitches per end of each tab!.

So, knowing it is a good fit, I have taken it to the local shoe repair store, to reattach that corner, and reinforce the other end and other tab.

He looked busy, so it might be ready on saturday!.. Oh well.. it will get into that "perfect" case yet!

..Fun.. WOW.. Andrew

The truss case is currently available on ebay.ca with free shipping for $19.99
It says the seller is in Richmond Hill.[

The listing was a buy it now, and they had 10 available..
When I checked out, it said... Staples.ca require immediate payment by paypal!..... SO.. though the store near me did not have the case, Staples is selling them online.

so I have one on the way for $22.59 including taxes...
The search I used was "hp targus touchpad"

....Andrew

..ANdrew

QUOTE=Gino;165147]Got the Targus case for the TC970 today as a gift from my son. It fits the 970 like a glove with absolutely no modification needed. Slipped in the 970 with no effort at all. All buttons, jacks and cable connections are in the open and easily accessible. One would think they had designed specifically for the Le Pan unit. VERY happy with everything about it, from the workmanship, various holders (corners and base) and the adjustablity of the thing. Can you tell I'm happy with it??? Would think REAL hard about this one.

http://Amazon.com: Targus Truss Case/Stand for HP TouchPad - THZ07202US (Black/Gray): Electronics
[/QUOTE]

theman7676

Dec 11, 2011
just to let any of you still looking, i just got my Targus for HP touchpad cover. at first i looked at staples and couple of the other sources above but they are all out of stock.
finally i found and purchased yesterday from ComTec.ca - Your First Choice For On-line Shopping. Great savings on Computer Components and Consumer Electronics at everyday wholesale prices, fast shipping, customer service you can count on. - ComTec.ca - Your First Choice For On-line Shopping. Gr (in canada)
it was $15 and shipping was $5
it arrived within 24hrs which is great as well!
best of luck

yes - it does fit perfectly

pogoj

Dec 28, 2011
Really appreciate all the comments/advice on cases for the TC970. I just got my Targus Truss for the Touchpad and it fits perfectly. Appears to be well made and the leather exterior and interior are very nice, as is the holder for a pen/stylus. I got it from Computers Canada. They are currently selling it for $13.08 plus $4.99 shipping. Mine was delivered very quickly.

THZ07202CA, TARGUS, Targus Black Leather Truss for HP TouchPad , Computers Canada - Best Deal on Computers, Computer Parts, Laptops, Hard Drives, PC Hardware & Accessories

kingofskies

Jan 10, 2012
I use a Merkury innovations soft case I found at tjmaxx for 10 bucks. It uses two elastic straps and two fixed synthetic straps to hold the tablet in place. It zips up instead of having a clasp or magnet, so its really secure when closed. My only regret is that it doesn't have a stand, so i might just have to modify one for myself. Oh, i, almost, forgot, it also has pockets on the inside for papers and a few business cards, very usefull if you use your tab for work or productivity.

black02em2

Jan 15, 2012
So would it be safe to say that other HP Touchpad cases and accessories may fit? maybe ebay or other versions of Targus cases may fit the LePan Tc970?

This would be great, the choices would be much greater for us