Best/fastest anti virus

macthecat

May 16, 2012
Hi all

I just reflashed my Onda VI 40 elite, previouly i had used AVG free anti virus and it all seemed fine, however with this firmware verision avg wasn't available from play store so I tried webroot free instead. I think this was a mistake as all processes now seem much slower the AV checks all downloads repetedly and reminds me that 'you are proteccted' constantly. While I have no dought that webroot is effective as an anti virus program it is intrusive and slows the prcosses of my tablet considerably.

Does anyone have any better solutions for a light but effectice anti virus program?

Cheers
macthecat

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I can't remember seeing any Android AV reviews that mentioned the drain it caused on the system. I'm using AVG and it seems to be fine but I have heard good things about AVAST. Lookout is also good and I think it's a tad more configurable. If the AVG isn't available some of the others may not be either. At least the AVG doesn't nag.

macthecat

May 16, 2012
Hi
further to my first post, I've been using Dr web lite for a couple of days, this seems better but still not as good as the AVG previously mentioned. however I'm begining to wonder if it's the firmware; version V1.1 Mike, other posts I've read all seem to like it but there are a couple of issues mainly availablity of apps from the play store but it does seem to be laggy at times; no specific processes, just occasionally for no appearent reason. I have much the same mix of apps installed as last time and there hasn't been a stall or freeze it just doesn't feel quite right. Has anybody any thoughts or had a similar experience?

Switched to vanilla v1.1 stuck with dr web, things seems to be much faster now, not sure what the cause was, but this is an alrogether smooter experience than previously. I'd be interested if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Last edited:

james03x

Oct 18, 2012
I believe that Avast internet security is the fastest antivirus and it really keep your computer safe and it scan your computer deeply in less time and it doesn't make your computer slow. I have used many antivirus software but it's wonderful.

ariannehowell

Oct 24, 2012
I have two options for the anti-virus and it is Kaspersky and Avast. You should try them for you to know them both. They said that Kaspersky is the best anti-virus that you can use but you can try Avast as well.