Best for WIFI

mrbean1957

Mar 28, 2011
I have a Coby 7015A rooted, market etc... And it does everything I want pretty much, but the damn thing can be 20' away from my router and lose WIFI. So... been thinking about buying something else, any views about what model can pull in the signal? I really enjoy using a tablet, and this is the only downfall for the one I have.

Thanks

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
The Netgear 3700 is good, sports a USB port for an external drive, dual band, et cetera. I have it and a Linksys E4200. Thing is, your tablet will not connect to the higher network and most laptops will not either without some help.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

mrbean1957

Mar 28, 2011
I can be outside and 50' away from my apt and my HP laptop will pick up my wifi and have 3 bars, I don't think it's the tablet.

jtsauburn

Sep 15, 2011
I agree that it is probably your router, not the tablet, but remember, that tablet does have access to B&G networks, not N. It's also running a old version of android that doesn't support multitasking very well. It is also one of the lower grade tablets, which is why it had such a low price compared to others. The fact that you can connect to your laptop does mean your router is broadcasting, but your laptop may be N not G and may have a better antenna. Still, do you have a phone that can connect via wifi? If so, see what range you get on the phone via wifi. You can also get a wifi analyze app that will tell you how strong your signal is. If you install it on your laptop and tablet, you'll get a good idea of what's really going on. You can also get a usb wifi adapter for your tablet.

You also asked if you should upgrade to a different tablet, and I would say yes and recommend the Asus transformer, or if you have the extra cash, the transformer prime. The transformer has won several awards as the best tablet, only bested now by the transformer prime. if your want to stick to a 7 in tablet, the Nook and Kindle are both better than what you have; Asus is also comming out with a smaller tablet and a whole bunch of new tablets will probably debut at CES later this month. I'd wait until the dust settles before buying a new one.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited: