best overclock setting for 7022?

nicholasa

Sep 7, 2011
Hey guys I'm a little confused on the overclocking thing. My 7022 is rooted and setcpu seems to be working but I can't find the device setting that will allow overclocking above 998 mhz. This tablets is supposed to be set to 1ghz already, so I'm just a little confused. So has anyone overclocked their 7022 and if so what device and other settings work best for you? The tablets laggs sometimes especially the keyboard I even have itap installed which is supposed to be less lay in the keyboard but its still there as I type this right now. Anyways thanks guys.

Last edited:

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
You can't overclock without a custom kernel. None exist as no source has been released. CM7 does exist though which improves performance.

Also setcpu causes crashes I wouldn't recommend by default our tablet uses 100-998mhz.

You might want to check out a ram optimization script for performance increase. Look up v6supercharger on xda. I'm using it and love it so far.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
You can't overclock without a custom kernel. None exist as no source has been released. CM7 does exist though which improves performance.

Also setcpu causes crashes I wouldn't recommend by default our tablet uses 100-998mhz.

You might want to check out a ram optimization script for performance increase. Look up v6supercharger on xda. I'm using it and love it so far.

What settings do you use for V6 supercharge?

nicholasa

Sep 7, 2011
You can't overclock without a custom kernel. None exist as no source has been released. CM7 does exist though which improves performance.Also setcpu causes crashes I wouldn't recommend by default our tablet uses 100-998mhz.You might want to check out a ram optimization script for performance increase. Look up v6supercharger on xda. I'm using it and love it so far. Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum
Thanks nba ill look into v6 supercharger and let you know how it goes.Alright first I can't download v6supercharger I keep getting download failed, plus do I need cm7 installed and isn't cm7 not fully compatable with the 7022 I read it makes the camera not work or something. Anyway ill keep trying ill probably have better luck on my pc instead of trying to download it right into my tablet.

Last edited:

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Thanks nba ill look into v6 supercharger and let you know how it goes.Alright first I can't download v6supercharger I keep getting download failed, plus do I need cm7 installed and isn't cm7 not fully compatable with the 7022 I read it makes the camera not work or something. Anyway ill keep trying ill probably have better luck on my pc instead of trying to download it right into my tablet.
you Don't need cm7, but your tablet should be rooted when using this.

nicholasa

Sep 7, 2011
How do I make script manager get root access, my device is rooted I know for sure but superuser never pops up while I'm in script manager. I also installed a terminal but the same thing I'm not asked by superuser to allow root access. Sorry I'm fairly new to the android platform but I'm a seasoned iOS'er. Also I'm assuming v6supercharger needs to be put onto the sd cards root?

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
How do I make script manager get root access, my device is rooted I know for sure but superuser never pops up while I'm in script manager. I also installed a terminal but the same thing I'm not asked by superuser to allow root access. Sorry I'm fairly new to the android platform but I'm a seasoned iOS'er. Also I'm assuming v6supercharger needs to be put onto the sd cards root?

in terminal emulator you type "su"

in script manager it should come up when a script is selected to run as root. But also make sure in your advanced options > config you select browse as root.

nicholasa

Sep 7, 2011
Thanks again NBA I ended up figuring it out and was able to run it. I'm going to try your settings and let you guys know how it goes.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
I'm using one of the 512mb ones. The second one on the list. Then I am also using bulletproof launcher + OOM grouping fixes.

Just tested the setting and I definantly see an improvement. Thanks NBA1341 for the find.

anlekna

May 27, 2011
i like to know how i can put this v6 supercharger on my 7022... nba1341, can you make to us a tutorial? or explain better how to put this on our 7022.. thanks

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
i like to know how i can put this v6 supercharger on my 7022... nba1341, can you make to us a tutorial? or explain better how to put this on our 7022.. thanks

Tutorial:
1.) Make sure your tablet is rooted and you have superuser installed.
a.) Step by step on how to root
b.) Next make sure you have busybox installed. Use busybox installer to install busybox v1.18.2 or lower.

2.) Download and install Script Manager from the market
a.) Open Script Manager > Hit menu button and select more > Advanced options > Config > Then make sure "Browse as Root" is selected.

3.)Visit the XDA thread for V6 Supercharger
a.)Download V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update8.sh.txt and place on the root of your nand (/sdcard)
b.)You could also try the beta Update 9 beta 6.1 which has an easier to follow menu FOUND HERE

4.)Open script manager and navigate to where you placed the .txt file (/sdcard)
a.) Click the text file and make sure "Run as root" is checked.
b.) Hit Run and the file will run giving you an option for scrolling speed (Choose 1-3)
c.) Now you will see the V 6 S U P E R C H A R G E R M E N U
i.) Here you will choose your setting I recommend a 512 mb setting (Either 8 or 9) If on beta choose one of the 512hp options.
d.)One you set minfree levels it is now time to do OOM fix. On update 8 and beta choose OOM Grouping Fixes + Hard To Kill Launcher (zeppelinrox the script creator recommends this)

5.)Now press the back button and kill that script. In Script Manager navigate to (/data/99SuperCharger.sh) and click on this script.
a.) Make sure "Run as root" and "Run at boot" is checked. Then hit save.

6.) Restart tablet
a.)To check if script worked you can re-run the V6_SuperCharger_for_Android.sh.txt and choose your scroll speed.
b.) in the text that scrolls it will state the Current minfrees as well as whether the Launcher is HARD TO KILL!.

7.) You done! Enjoy a much more efficient tablet

All credit goes to zeppelinrox of xda forums

Last edited:

canx2k

Mar 1, 2012
An update to this for nba: the new script manager uses the terminology "SU" instead of run as root if you have the superuser installed (the pirate looking icon). Also, make sure you download the .txt to a file on your computer and transfer it to the coby via usb, for some reason dl direct to the unit from the website doesn't work.

Has anyone tried the version 8? I tried 8, it didnt go, tried 7, worked fine. NBA, are you using 8?

Here's a visual tutorial, but be warned it's not for a 7022, so only go to the place where it says 'options', then see nba's suggestions above.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1126940
Just did some toying around with it - wow - it does speed up significantly!

Last edited: