Best S Pen?

beer__shark

Jan 28, 2013
I didn't see a section for Note 10.1 Accessories so I'll ask here. Any one have any thoughts on their preferred S Pen or S Pen replacement for the Note 10.1? While I'm at it, any suggestions or thoughts on other Note 10.1 Accessories?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Check out the new Wacom Bamboo Stylus Feel, couple different models from $39 to $79. I'm about to order the Carbon version from Wacom, I was hoping it would show up on Amazon but I'm impatient. There is also an option from Samsung that is an adapter that you insert you current stylus into, and it isn't bad but virtually as expensive as the cheaper Wacom model.
Probably be a week before I get my Wacom stylus, but I'll post my experience with it when I get it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

pwscott

Mar 15, 2011
I've been using the Wacom Bamboo Stylus Feel (in Carbon) since I got it Friday....awesome! Absolutely love it...changed nib to the white hard plastic and changed settings in handwriting recognition to: (Hold microphone icon and then choose gear icon to get here from handwriting mode):

Pen Thickness: 1 pixel
Pen color: Black
Recognition type: Complete Recognition

...and I studied the Gesture Guide more....very very helpful.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I have a Wacom Bamboo Stylus Feel now, and it is everything I had hoped it would be aside from the lack of an eraser. I much prefer the softer tip but I did on the stock S Pen as well. Have been using it on my Note 10.1 as well as my Samsung ATIV Smart PC (an Atom powered Win8 machine). The pressure sensitivity seems much better than the S Pen and of course Wacom did an admirable job with the design and build of the stylus. One thing, the implementation of S Note seems much better on the Note than on Win8, but with Office OneNote why would anyone bother with S Note anyway I guess.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Well I must comment here. I specifically bought an android tablet for 2 very good reasons:

1) To get away from Windows (if you sneeze the computer catches a cold :eek:)

2) I abhor anything Apple. More specifically the products and service may be good but Apple's attitude i detest.

Except for having to use one on the job - which my employer may do - I will not buy one. As my Note is less than 24 hours old, and that I have been sync'ing my apps and data for most of the time, I am still coming to terms with the s pen. Only had a look at it shortly. My wife uses the Bamboo Stylus and is still not quite impressed with. Probably also on the learning curve.

Douvie.

Last edited:

taddea

Apr 11, 2012
I just got my Wacom Bamboo Stylus Feel and I really love the feel. Is there anyway to activate the stylus mode without removing the S Pen from the body of the tablet? I feel like there should be, but I seem to be missing it.