Best tablet for kids ?

berry369

Jun 3, 2013
My son didn't like his children's day gift :(,so i want buy a tablet for him.
But I found that the poor quality of children tablet.Which one should i choose?I'm Soo Confused.
Anyone have any suggestions?:)

stephani

Aug 15, 2012
I think Kindle Fire is a pretty good choice.The key thing here is Only $159 and runs smoothly on its upgraded 1.2GHz dual-core processor.
you can specify a daily time limit for use.

I found a new kid's tablet product from agptek,this company sell relatively cheap tablet.
But this kid's tablet not sold yet,you can refer to the propaganda in the site.
AGPtek Kid's Tablet Coming Soon
Though the mascot is a robot with silly smile.....

Last edited:

berry369

Jun 3, 2013
I think Kindle Fire is a pretty good choice.The key thing here is Only $159 and runs smoothly on its upgraded 1.2GHz dual-core processor.
you can specify a daily time limit for use.

I found a new kid's tablet product from agptek,this company sell relatively cheap tablet.
But this kid's tablet not sold yet,you can refer to the propaganda in the site.
AGPtek Kid's Tablet Coming Soon
Though the mascot is a robot with silly smile.....
I considered Kindle Fire,but i don't want bind my credit card.I'm afraid the child will overspend.
And AGPtek kid's tablet,look nice i will follow.thank you

MeepTablet

Jul 6, 2013
This is really a 'depends on your child' question. For a somewhat older child who is careful with electronics and will do OK without constant monitoring, a 'regular tablet' such as a Kindle Fire can be a good choice. For younger kids, Kindles are fragile as well as lacking in parental controls. It depends on what you need, as for some people the parental control ability is a very big deal but not for others. I know when my own child was a toddler, it wasn't even intentional but he'd end up up all over the internet by pressing the wrong buttons. Meep Tablet is both sturdy and designed for kids by having very customizable parental controls. You can set it to restrict web browsing and Youtube to only sites that you specify and to lock out accidental app purchases. But, you can also then 'un-limit' the controls and allow more wide-ranging browsing should your child become ready for that. MEEP! Kid Safe Android Tablet. My Tablet, My World! - Oregon Scientific

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
My grandson is 3 years old, He has two tablets, a Coby 8042 and a Coby 9742, He uses the Coby 8042 the most as it is an 8inch tablet and seems to be the perfect size for him, He likes to use the Coby 9742 to watch netflix, So really any tablet is fine for a child, is the child fine for the tablet? that is another question, My grandson has been taught when he uses either tablet he is to use them with care or they are taken from him.

He is 3 so he makes mistakes but understands he has to be responsible, the tablets have passwords so he can't buy anything from playstore, he doesn't surf the web as he has no interest in it, he just wants to play games and watch movies.