Best Tablet for My School

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by Profpost, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Profpost

Profpost Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tablet
    Hi Everyone,
    I am so glad I have found this forum! I am a technology teacher at a small private school. We are interested in purchasing a classroom set of tablets and cart to be shared by the teachers. I will be the one responsible for managing all of the devices. I have limited experience with the Samsung Galaxy Tablet, Kindle Fire, Ipod touch, and Nook. My concerns are:
    1. Can tablets other than the Kindle be networked so that I do not have to update each tablet individually,
    2. Do any of the tablets work with Windows Multipoint Server (which we plan to install next month)
    3. How can I do this cost effectively -ie. best buy for our purpose, prices of apps and text (how many devices can I download a book on?)

I have more questions, but this is a good start. I am eager to hear what you can tell me!

2. Spider

Spider Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted/Flashed Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB Stock
    Hi Profpost, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to answer your questions. Good luck!

3. Happiness

Happiness Member

Tablet / Device:
    mobile
    wow datz interesting thing now a days new tablets are introduced for students and teachers it would be a great contribution to education.

4. edap

edap Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A110
    There is no Connector for non-x86 devices e.g. iPads, Android tablets, Surface RT devices. For these devices one solution is to get a Remote Desktop client such as is available for free in the Microsoft Store for the Surface RT, and use it to connect to a WMS session on the host. This gives everyone the same, orchestrated Windows 8 experience regardless of their device. This is strongly recommended for BYOD scenarios.

5. edap

edap Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A110
    iDeaUSA, the consumer electronics manufacturer, has launched the iDeaPLAY – a tablet especially built for kids to enjoy and designed to give parents and teachers peace of mind. The fully-featured Android device is compliant with Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), ensuring children (ages 4 and up) a fun and educational experience with flexible parental controls. The tablet comes pre-loaded with great apps and premium content, but is priced at just $129 (USD), keeping school budgets in mind.