Best Tablet for viewing Pics/Videos?

cusimar9

Apr 22, 2013
Hi All,

I don't currently own any tablet but I would love to buy one to view pictures/videos from my various cameras when I'm away from home.

I understand that iPads allow you to copy images/videos off the camera and then view from the iPad itself.

Do any Android Tablets offer this and do any allow you to view content directly off the camera like a PC would?

Any recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks

Rick

EmilyWood

Jan 22, 2013
[h=4]Apple iPad Mini is good one The iPad mini is a premium small tablet, with a price to match. It's a shame Apple couldn't have included a Retina screen and newer processor - expect the next iPad mini to get those updates. This Wi-Fi only model also lacks GPS. It's not cheap by any stretch, especially if you want more storage spare or the 3G/4G cellular version, but it's great value compared to a full-size iPad. You can save £80 by buying a Nexus 7, which has double the storage, GPS and NFC, but if you must have an iDevice, it won't disappoint.[/h]

cusimar9

Apr 22, 2013
The iPad mini (if I'm not mistaken) requires the videos to be copied to the iPad first before they can be viewed. This is fine for pictures but when you have several videos of 1-2GB in size it is slightly impractical. I would prefer a tablet that allowed videos to be played directly from the memory card, like a laptop does.