Best way to ROOT Dell Streak 7 WIFI?

simpson1190

Aug 7, 2011
Is there a way to root the Dell Streak WIFI running 2.2.2?

When I've searched for guides, I'm unsure if the guides I found will work for 2.2.2 or if it will only work for 4g models.

Kernel
OEM Version
GLUNB1A133830
Build

Thanks

Netkeys

May 7, 2011
For the WiFi only version I've used both GingerBreak 1.20 and SuperOneClick. Both worked great. You can use GingerBreak by moving to the phone and installing as any other app. Will also unroot if needed. Using a file transfer option such as Dropbox means no driver setup on a PC required.

mcjinx216

Nov 10, 2011
I have a wifi only streak 7 running honeycomb. Neither gingerbreak nor super1click work on honeycome. I have found conflicting posts saying i need clockworkmod to root, but the clockworkmod install claims I need to already be rooted. Can anyone point me to where i can get a clear tutorial?

mcjinx216

Nov 10, 2011
BTW here are my specs....
Android 3.2
kernel 2.6.36.3
OEM Version GLUNB1A350630
Build 19534

Thanks again.....

Tim13

Apr 8, 2012
BTW here are my specs....
Android 3.2
kernel 2.6.36.3
OEM Version GLUNB1A350630
Build 19534

Thanks again.....

I just wanted to bump this thread; I'm interested in rooting my Streak, but any of the methods I can find on the internet seemed to be geared toward pre-Gingerbread Streaks.

I made a post on a forum a month or two ago and said that I would really like to be able to transfer app data to my SD card, something that Gingerbread apparently does not allow. Some other rude bastard commented back saying about how he has over 100 apps on his tab, and still plenty of room... I don't quite know what he wants me to say. I have a lot of apps on mine too, and space is at a critical level. 2GB is just not enough for me.

So anyway, like I said, any tutorials existing on the net seem to only give instructions on how to root a Streak 7 before the Gingerbread patch was implemented. Now that it has been implemented, nobody seems to have any answers on how to accomplish this. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance... and the specs that MC listed above are probably the same as mine. lol

-Tim