BEWARE WHEN BUYING: Tablet Stand with USB Keyboard Carrying Case, from Amazon.com

LiquidFire187

Dec 5, 2011
There are two different versions of this case (At least that I'm aware of) I ordered one and it was great, just had to bend the "prongs" (The little hook things that hold the tablet in place) forward a bit to make it fit and worked perfect for my Polaroid PMID701i. Then I ordered another case for my Coby Kyros 7042 (from a different seller because it was 50 cents cheaper) and received one slightly different that did NOT fit. This is because the top prong (Unlike with the first case that had it's top prong slightly lower) was at the very top of the case and most likely would not fit any 7" inch tablet because the lower prongs were still down far from the top so it left a pretty big gap at the top of the tablet.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
That is interesting,I bought one of these as well, I think for about $11, and it fits my Galaxy Tab 7 plus with a slight adjustment. I also noticed, after I had received it, that there was another seller that had it a little cheaper. Guess I just got lucky and hasn't noticed this before ordering.

LiquidFire187

Dec 5, 2011
Yeah I figured they would all be from the same distributor from China...guess not. The keyboard is the same, but thats about it. Even the flip out stand was slightly different, the second one I order was magnetic on the back so it stuck without flipping out every once in awhile like the first one I ordered (even though it's not that big of a problem) so I guess that was the only "pro".

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I'll say one thing, for the price the keyboard works quite well, although I worry a bit about the USB cable. I don't think it would take any rough handling. Still I prefer it over the BT keyboards/case being sold for thirty to forty dollars.

LiquidFire187

Dec 5, 2011
I'll say one thing, for the price the keyboard works quite well, although I worry a bit about the USB cable. I don't think it would take any rough handling. Still I prefer it over the BT keyboards/case being sold for thirty to forty dollars.
I agree. It's a great setup, no doubt. I just want to put it out there that these are a hit and a miss. BUT I was able to fix the keyboard case I received by pulling/slipping the top prong out, cutting the faux leather lower (I tried to match it up with the first one I received) and super gluing the prong back inside. Worked well, at least for now.

frund

Jun 8, 2012
I have the same model. My case was fine but pad arrived in Chinese so a lot of trial and error to get to the language page. good for money.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Thanks for the warning :)
My 7" tablet (approx same dimensions as the Kindle Fire) is 4 5/8 " wide, and there is a gap of about 1/2 " between top bracket and top of tablet. Mine has the magnet on the stand as well.
I figure a 5" wide tablet would fit nicely.
How wide is your tablet?

Caps lock and Num lock LEDs work; Scroll lock LED (if present in the 3rd slot?) does not. For $7.55, it's still a good deal.

Last edited:

LiquidFire187

Dec 5, 2011
Thanks for the warning :)
My 7" tablet (approx same dimensions as the Kindle Fire) is 4 5/8 " wide, and there is a gap of about 1/2 " between top bracket and top of tablet. Mine has the magnet on the stand as well.
I figure a 5" wide tablet would fit nicely.
How wide is your tablet?

Caps lock and Num lock LEDs work; Scroll lock LED (if present in the 3rd slot?) does not. For $7.55, it's still a good deal.

The MID 7042 is 4.8 (W) x 0.4 (H) x 7.56 (D).
@Natey2, @Minisuit
You're very welcome! I hadn't heard about there being different types of this case so I figured I should put it out there.

mike70sk

Jun 10, 2012
Hi a newb here, i had a question about the build of the cases with keyboards, are they sturdy enough to stay on your laptop with out any problems when sitting on a couch?

or are they ment strictly for on a table or such?

looking for something for the acer a200.

thanks

LiquidFire187

Dec 5, 2011
Hi a newb here, i had a question about the build of the cases with keyboards, are they sturdy enough to stay on your laptop with out any problems when sitting on a couch?

or are they ment strictly for on a table or such?

looking for something for the acer a200.

thanks

You'll have to elaborate on the "stay on your laptop" part. But these cases are sturdy, I can use it on my lap when sitting in a chair or on a couch.

mike70sk

Jun 10, 2012
You'll have to elaborate on the "stay on your laptop" part. But these cases are sturdy, I can use it on my lap when sitting in a chair or on a couch.

opps that was ment to say "stay on my lap" meaning the case will keep the tablet upright and secure while i type on the keyboard.

mike70sk

Jun 10, 2012
I guess all cases are different, but i am wondering if when closing it (if you don't have a screen protector) could the keys scratch the screen?
i'm just looking to get a cheap one on ebay for 20 dollars. I don't wont to spend a lot at first because i want to see if i will use it much.

LiquidFire187

Dec 5, 2011
I guess all cases are different, but i am wondering if when closing it (if you don't have a screen protector) could the keys scratch the screen?
i'm just looking to get a cheap one on ebay for 20 dollars. I don't wont to spend a lot at first because i want to see if i will use it much.
I don't have that problem, the keys are pretty flat plus my tablet has a a little ridge around the screen so it's not possible for the keyboard keys to hit my screen.

Pelican1999

Nov 14, 2012
I need help, please. I bought the "better" of the USB Keyboard Cases and I have a 7" Polaroid Tablet, but I can't find anyone to help me connect the keyboard to the tablet. I am not a techincal person, have taken it to all stores and they said it can't be done. How are you connecting your 2.0 USB port to the tablet??? Please help, great idea if it would the tablet. [/QUOTE]