Big mistake, hate it.

claraclownie

Nov 6, 2012
Can any of you please explain why you like these tablets? Got the Ainol Hero for Christmas and I hate it. I hate a tablet in general-- not the specific brand or model. I gave up downloading apps-- it just will not do it. Browsing is harder to navigate, harder to read email. Impossible to type unlike a keyboard. Honestly these tablets are useless. I would much rather have gotten a cashmere sweater.

What the heck do you see in these things?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Tablets are definitely not meant for everyone. I can't leave home without mine but they simply don't do enough or fast enough for some people.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Can any of you please explain why you like these tablets? Got the Ainol Hero for Christmas and I hate it. I hate a tablet in general-- not the specific brand or model. I gave up downloading apps-- it just will not do it. Browsing is harder to navigate, harder to read email. Impossible to type unlike a keyboard. Honestly these tablets are useless. I would much rather have gotten a cashmere sweater.

What the heck do you see in these things?

What do you see in a cashmere sweater? other than to use one to start a fire, different strokes for different folks, sell yours and get a laptop.

claraclownie

Nov 6, 2012
Cashmere sweaters are warm, soft and come in lots of pretty colors. I don't mean to be flip and not insulting the members of this forum for their passion. But I just don't get the tablet attraction. I was hoping folks could enlighten me with neat uses. Does't seem user friendly for documents, so it isn't that good for business. I can get my email with my phone. I only play one game, Words with Friends on FB. But the tablet will not interface with that. So what is it you can do with this thing?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
It's like anything in life if you don't get it, no way someone can give it to you. The tablet is clearly not for you, try and convince you other wise is pointless. What can I do with a tablet? anything that I can do with my computer or cell phone, watch movies, play games, read books, have books read to grandson, read email, surf Internet, use the gps to find places.pay bills, buy sell on line, really if you don't know I can't teach you.

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Please understand. You cannot judge tablets in general by one of the Chinese knock-offs. If you had gotten a tablet like the Google Nexus 7 or 10 then you would more than likely be praising them right now. Tablets have gone through a great deal of advancement since they first started. And too, the name branded tablets are quicker and smoother operating than the knock-offs. Try to find someone who has a Nexus and compare what a real tablet can do for you. Like leeshor stated above, I don't leave home without mine. I don't carry a smart phone anymore because my tablet is so much more functional and easier to see.

miken22

Dec 29, 2012
Couldn't agree more with jgumphress, back when tablets first came out I had the same opinion as the op, never thought they'd make for real practical use. Now that I've picked up a nexus 7 I'm amazed at the quality of the product and just how much they can do, in just wish I saw the usefulness earlier. I think it comes down to how one would fit into your lifestyle, its keeping me organized as well as allowing me to travel with all of my movies, music, books etc in a 7" device weighing just over 340g, and its way more convenient than trying to read or watch the same things on a phone.

MrFastZombie

Dec 30, 2012
Well, tablets are not for everyone, as Leeshor said. The tablet you had could have just been a bad one, but anyways what I see in tablets is entertainment and the usefulness, I can bring them basically anywhere, and they are light weight and not too big, I can play games on them, I can browse the web, update/check on my social network accounts and all the things I like to do on a tablet.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I don't generally take my Coby tablet with me everywhere. I use the Dell Streak when I'm out and about. But it's nice to not be tethered to a laptop and still be able to keep up to date online.

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
Sounds like what almost happened to me. I got a 7" Pandigital ereader for fathers day a couple of years ago. I liked it for reading books, but it couldn't do much of anything else so I really didn't get warm over it. But, after remembering what this ereader was built to do I tried a Asus transformer and found out what a quality tablet can do. There is a learning curve for sure. But once over that I fell in love with them. I usually take just one of my tablets with me instead of a laptop when I go on vacations or for work.

Nibiru2012

Oct 6, 2012
Tablets are very handy for web surfing, email, social networking, reading ebooks, music, videos, photos and such. As others stated here, it's a matter of how YOU want to use it.

Remember these devices are not a desktop or a laptop by any stretch of the imagination. So don't expect them to be at or on the same level.

I use a Bluetooth Logitech keyboard for when I need to do a lot of typing on mine, but for minor typing tasks I use the handy little app called: Thumb Keyboard. It works well and fits my tablet configuration quite nicely.

Your OP seems loaded with not much enthusiasm for tablets. That is your choice, and you're entitled to your opinions.

I hope you see some benefits the more you use the tablet.

creektrails

Jun 24, 2012
My wife has a onda vi40 and I bought a nexus 10. The vi 40 is a slow pain in the butt even though I upgraded to cm9. The nexus is a smooth beast but that being said. I understand the OP. It certainly will never replace my laptop which i am on now nor my phone (galaxy nexus)the phone does pretty good with email calendar and such. I like it for an ereader and I watch netflix on it. very portable with great screen res. And touch screen is very awesome compared to my laptop. Im trying to integrate software but cannot find a lot yet to take with me. I would love to get quickbooks on my tab. I don't see the tab as a necessity. Just a third choice. I certainly could have lived without it.

mvh

Jan 25, 2013
I tend to agree they seem a bit useless to me however, My daughters (7 & 12) love this thing. Surfing the Internet is very slow and sluggish. Playing games seems to be what it was mainly designed for. I can't complain about that. It has brought much entertainment and joy to my daughters now for the one month we've owned it.

My thoughts,

mvh

PS: Forgot to mention Netflix. I'm sure there are more positive things I've missed.

Last edited:

Robertwav1

Dec 3, 2012
Hello All,
Just wanted to comment about the tablets. I also deemed them useless but, in defense of that I found a few choice apps and I admit some games which you just can't do on a notebook. I didn't invest a lot, got a inexpensive chinese tablet and I gota say...it's a blast for me. I don't own a smart phone....too small of an interface but the tab I can handle. I guess their not for everyone but neither is a smartphone.