Big Problem Seeking Assistance for factory rom image vtab1008

Discussion in 'Vizio Tablets' started by AkaraEssex, Jan 4, 2015.

1. AkaraEssex

AkaraEssex Junior Member

I think its a longshot but here goes....
    I found a vtab at my local donation center. That being said I don't know what rom it has been upgraded to because i only get the v logo and the tablet never boots. I have tried everything, i opened it safely and disconnected battery for a few hours, i made sure i had fiull charge etc. I have done everything to try n get adb access but my tab isnt able to be seen by 2 linux machines 3 windows machines both 32 bit and 64bit win7 vista etc. I am able to get into stock recovery with holding down both volume buttons and when in recovery i can see files on my External microsd card. I have tried a few update.zip files with no success. I do not think the tab is rooted and unfortunately the only way It appears to be able to be fixed is flashing a stock rom to it. I have tried the wipe cache, reset to factory etc and nothing has worked. Since I can never get into the system itself I am limited as to what my options are. Vizio in their infinite wisdom is of zero help and will not post the factory rom files...
    so am I out o luck? I have been searching for 4 days constantly with no solution. If anyone can help by providing a stock rom for me to flash or has had this issue and fixed it please let me know
    I would greatly appreciate it.
    Regards
    -Pete

2. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Administrator Staff Member

3. AkaraEssex

AkaraEssex Junior Member

Thank you very much for the info Jeffrey. I applied the update.zip per instructions and it appeared to go well however when it tried to reboot itself after flashing the image I just get a black screen and the landscape home back and menu buttons are lit up. I have tried this update before with same results so I'm kinda at a loss. I think this tab is fairly new as I noticed the factory added hotglue to the ports where they connect to the board I guess to reduce instances of broken off ports. If I'm right this tablet may need the later via version of 1.5 but idk I'm coming at this blind being I found it at the recycling center in town. Anyways I appreciate your reply to my message and maybe if I could get a newer update.zip file that might work? Since I can always get into recovery I think im not permanently bricked, but IDK could be.
    Thanks again
    -Pete

4. vinogans

vinogans Member

Tablet / Device:
    vtab 1008
    the update you tried in the post is for GB ... it is old update and there is nothing called update 1.5 but after GB there is honey comb ....

you can try it also
    try it and see
    and after the update try to do factory reset

p.s : i am the owner of the thread that the admin post

http://www.4shared.com/zip/G4kmFDIz/update.html

• Like Like x 1