Big Problem Seeking Assistance for factory rom image vtab1008

AkaraEssex

Jan 4, 2015
I think its a longshot but here goes....
I found a vtab at my local donation center. That being said I don't know what rom it has been upgraded to because i only get the v logo and the tablet never boots. I have tried everything, i opened it safely and disconnected battery for a few hours, i made sure i had fiull charge etc. I have done everything to try n get adb access but my tab isnt able to be seen by 2 linux machines 3 windows machines both 32 bit and 64bit win7 vista etc. I am able to get into stock recovery with holding down both volume buttons and when in recovery i can see files on my External microsd card. I have tried a few update.zip files with no success. I do not think the tab is rooted and unfortunately the only way It appears to be able to be fixed is flashing a stock rom to it. I have tried the wipe cache, reset to factory etc and nothing has worked. Since I can never get into the system itself I am limited as to what my options are. Vizio in their infinite wisdom is of zero help and will not post the factory rom files...
so am I out o luck? I have been searching for 4 days constantly with no solution. If anyone can help by providing a stock rom for me to flash or has had this issue and fixed it please let me know
I would greatly appreciate it.
Regards
-Pete

AkaraEssex

Jan 4, 2015
Thank you very much for the info Jeffrey. I applied the update.zip per instructions and it appeared to go well however when it tried to reboot itself after flashing the image I just get a black screen and the landscape home back and menu buttons are lit up. I have tried this update before with same results so I'm kinda at a loss. I think this tab is fairly new as I noticed the factory added hotglue to the ports where they connect to the board I guess to reduce instances of broken off ports. If I'm right this tablet may need the later via version of 1.5 but idk I'm coming at this blind being I found it at the recycling center in town. Anyways I appreciate your reply to my message and maybe if I could get a newer update.zip file that might work? Since I can always get into recovery I think im not permanently bricked, but IDK could be.
Thanks again
-Pete