Bit of plastic stuck in reset hole! Any ideas how to get it out?

Mar 5, 2011
I know this makes me sound dumb, but after thinking my Android Tablet was broke (WAS stuck on calibration screen - but realised I just had 2 press the crosses exactly) I stuck a plastic fork prong/spike into the reset hole (or microphone??) but it snapped off & there's a bit stuck in there which I can't get out! This was before thinking of using a paper clip & I couldn't find needle.

Any ideas how I can get it out? I've tried using tweezers but it's not sticking out enough. I don't really want to take it apart, or maybe there's a professional who can do this?

Any suggestions most appreciated! Anything at all! Thanks.

generic3

Mar 25, 2011
I do not work at an electronics store and my idea here shouldn't do any damage but it's the only thing that came to mind. Personally I would get some gum like "extra" and chew it until it lost that initial stickiness-wetness. Then I would carefully squish-massage it into the reset hole. It would be sticky enough to get the plastic but not stick itself there or leave residue. Hope my idea helps LOL know it's kind of 5 year old mentality

Mar 5, 2011
I do not work at an electronics store and my idea here shouldn't do any damage but it's the only thing that came to mind. Personally I would get some gum like "extra" and chew it until it lost that initial stickiness-wetness. Then I would carefully squish-massage it into the reset hole. It would be sticky enough to get the plastic but not stick itself there or leave residue. Hope my idea helps LOL know it's kind of 5 year old mentality

Sounds good to me! I will try that asap. Thanks for the idea!