Black Friday 2011 Pandigital Andriod 9 inch tablet - Biglot delivered wrong tablet

ddkar

Nov 29, 2011
Hello,

I got the Pandigital 9 inch Tablet from Biglots, Columbus on 11/25 and later on found it was not a tablet. It was eReader. When spoke to store Manager , he denied the fact that Tablet and eReader are two different items. He was ready to return but did not give me the 9inch tablet. I was there in the morning only to get the tablet for $79 , but later on it turned out to be a loss. Has there anyone who faced the same problem. Want to complain against Biglots and seaching for email id.

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
The Pandigital novels are ereaders with minimal tablet functionality. You didn't get the wrong thing and Big Lots isn't guilty of false advertising.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
yea my little bro had that same problem, he thought it was more of a tablet computer but all it was a fancy eReader.

you cant accuse the market and most app doint even work on it. also it is runing a old version of OS.

john9

Oct 28, 2011
I feel terrible.
6jlsv

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi ddkar, I understand the feeling of being duped but it falls on us, the consumer to research big purchases, so I looked at the pandigital site and found this info:

Accessories | 9" Color Multimedia eReader - U.S.

BEFORE black friday came. It states it's an eReader, so I knew ahead of time it wouldn't do anything we were looking for in a device. Hopefully you'll find what you are looking for and get the information you're in need of here and other sites like manufacturer's sites in support of their devices. Welcome to the board, glad you joined us, but don't expect to see a lawsuit or something like that over this Big Lot's sale. I doubt very seriously anything like that will happen as a result of it. ;)

Hi John9, welcome to the board, what's the problem you seem to be having? Maybe someone can help? What device did you purchase and what is it you need help with? :)

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
First, you should edit out that email address. Second, anyone who is expecting a fully fledged Google/Android experience from a <$100 device is delusional. In the <$100 market, you're looking at cheaply mass produced items with poor quality control.

Last edited:

ddkar

Nov 29, 2011
what do you mean by edit out the email? This is real and we should be real too. DO you like to see fake email id ?

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
what do you mean by edit out the email? This is real and we should be real too. DO you like to see fake email id ?

You're posting someone else's information on a public forum. Not cool. Even if his email is readily available on Big Lot's website, you should point users who are also upset over the issue to email him through the company's website.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
You're posting someone else's information on a public forum. Not cool. Even if his email is readily available on Big Lot's website, you should point users who are also upset over the issue to email him through the company's website.

I agree, that was not cool at all ddkar. Go through the proper channels to deal with this problem. Posting someone else's personal info, regardless of it's being public or not, is not what this board is here to do. Thank you to the staff for removing the offending post so promptly.

ddkar

Nov 29, 2011
Biglot is responding to my email and arranging for replacement. Hopefully by tue/wed I will have the product which is a tablet and not a eReader.

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
I think you should be ashamed of yourself. You bought a product you didn't understand and you're now trying to get a much higher dollar product through threats and extortion.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hopefully you get something like the Velocity Cruz T102 that they just got in stock, at least that's what just got in stock in my area. You should be happy with that or whatever they offer you ddkar. I must say I am surprised they replied, I wonder how that reply would have gone had they known you were posting their VP of Sale's email address on at least one high traffic public forum? Probably not as smoothly I bet. But if it makes happy to bully them into this then fine. I personally like to RESEARCH a purchase before hand so there is no doubt as to what I am getting myself into and would never post someone's email address, public or not, without their permission PERIOD. I take personal responsibility VERY seriously, my rights to happiness END where someone else's begin if you know what I am saying. Honestly, you really have yourself to blame for this mix up for not taking the time to do a simple google search on the product before standing in line to get it. Good on Big Lots for offering a cheap product on Black Friday that got people in their stores to buy it. I am sure there were a lot of happy customers that morning because they knew they were getting the Pandigital 9" Color eReader. Hopefully you learned something useful from this experience to prevent it from happening again, but I won't be holding my breath on that possibility. ;)

ddkar

Nov 29, 2011
Dansamy- First of all mind your own language here. Looks like you are personally related to Biglot Store and that is reflected in your statement. You did not read my post where I said, advertised product was not delivered. I had enough info about the advertized product and wanted to buy that. Your post looks very non-professional.

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
Excuse me?!? Mind my language?! You have absolutely no right to tell me to mind my language. I've not been rude or vulgar. I've stated my opinion, which is certainly protected free speech, and I've done so without violating any rules of this forum. And non-professional? This isn't a professional support forum. This is a forum for fans and users of Android tablet products.

If you were referring to this advertisement, it's pretty clear that the product is one of Pandigital's multimedia readers, which are indeed running an Android OS and are touchscreen tablets. The version of Android loaded on these is heavily skinned by Pandigital and limits its use to the advertised functions: ereading, web browsing, email, etc. Here's the product description on Pandigital's website. Note that it's nearly verbatim for the bulleted points in the ad from Big Lots. A multimedia reader is a tablet. It's a mobile computer with a touchscreen interface. In this case, it is running a highly customized version of the Android OS in order to optimize its functionality for ereading and web browsing.

Again, you didn't get the wrong product. Big Lots didn't deceive you (or anyone else) with false advertising. I'm not exactly sure what you thought you were getting for $80. A quick and readily available Google search would have given you the information that you needed regarding what 9 inch tablets Pandigital makes and whether or not it would work for the needs that you have for a tablet.

I don't work for Big Lots or any of their suppliers. I'm simply a citizen stunned and appalled by the lack of common sense and the galling sense of entitlement running rampant in America today. Personal responsibility is apparently a thing of yesteryear.

Last edited:

Bchoina

Dec 31, 2011
I also purchased the tablet/e reader from big lots on 11/25 to latter find out that it is more of an e-reader. I did much research about the product before the sale but did not open it until Christmas. When I started setting it up I thought I had lost my mind because it did not seem to be what I researched. I am not displeased however I am missing the front facing camera that a tablet would have and a couple other details. Glad to know that my reasearch was solid, Big lots just delivered the wrong product.