[Black Pandigital] pandigital root help

Discussion in 'Pandigital Novel' started by grave, Jan 27, 2011.

1. grave

grave Member

Tablet / Device:
    pandigital 7 black
    hey, i just picked up a pdn 7. i saw about rooting on here and have tried to find out everything that i can about it. however ive run into a snag.
    all of the root threads and videos have covered the white pdn 7, i have a black pdn 7.
    dont know if the black is just a canadian thing, but if someone can clear this up for me it would be much appreciated.

2. feverhost

feverhost Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    My Tablets: Pandigital White Novel - aPad iRobot RK2818 - Motorola Xoom 4G (Rooted JellyBean 4.1.2) - Kindle Fire - Novo Elf 7" - HP Slate 7" - Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro
    • Like Like x 2
  3. grave

grave Member

Tablet / Device:
    pandigital 7 black
    well, i was looking for a root instead of a rom. not sure if thats the same thing or not.

• Like Like x 2
  4. OKNightOwl

OKNightOwl Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia Tab
    Go to the Pandigital Web Site - Click on the Android Update (http://www.pandigital.net) Click on the Firmware Update Available Banner on the Right. Click on the Appropriate Flag for the proper Country Configuration. About 1/3 of the way down the Next Page - Click on Click Here in the Click Here to learn more and to update your Pandigital Novel 7" Color Multimedia eReader. And Run the PC Updater App.

I forget right now, but you can either use the Pandigital Update and there is a Drop Down Arrow you can choose the "Polaris_Update.dat" to move to an Android type Mini Tablet.

5. Atkins

Atkins Member

Tablet / Device:
    Pandigital Novel
    Only thing i didn't like with mine (canadian) is that it took the Kobo reader program away
    But I do like the B&N reader it doesn't seem to want to load my covers though... might have to move the books over again