Black Pandigital won't boot up!

renee

Jul 11, 2011
My black pandigial novel froze on me last night. Tried pressing the volume+ and power button but it wouldn't reset. The battery died over night, so I plugged it in this morning and now it won't boot up at all. It says it's charging and at 86% but that's all I can get it to do. Anyone have any ideas?

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
Look for a pin sized hole that you could put a pin into. If you have one then put a pin in it.

Dan33185

Aug 2, 2011
Going through the same thing right now, very frustrating and disappointing. Let me know if you find a fix, I'd like to be able to figure it out.

annoyed

Aug 9, 2011
My pandigital novel wont turn on...all i get is a screen that sometimes flashes some code and at the bottom of the screen it says "Restoring to system fallback"...there is no pinhole to hit for a reset...can someone help me here?

pandi24

Aug 15, 2011
Had the same thing happen 2 mine. I was downloading ebook from pc & it black screened when I disconnected the cable. I think the low battery from unfreezing it was issue. It freezes on occasion. The described method 4 fix doesn't work. Draining battery is poor solution though. I was able 2 reboot 3 hrs after recharging. Hope this helps. My firmware update reboots 2 default every 2 weeks. Is update squirrely or what!

mrcullers

Jan 8, 2012
I got mine for Christmas 2011 and have had the same thing happen to me over and over. It seams to have all started when I started downloading apps. I am a programmers and computer repair tech professionally and have traced the cause and a way to fix it.

Cause:
1) Apps crashing on startup cause the android OS boot process to fail.
2) Apps get placed on the auto start list automatically

Solution:
1) If it won't boot, connect the USB cable to the computer. Hold down the power button for 10 seconds until it shuts off. Hold it for 3 seconds to turn it back on with the cable already connected to the computer. You cannot turn it on and then connect the usb cable to the computer it will not always work.
2) Once OS is fully booted, get ES TaskManager or any app that allows to kill items automatically that try to auto start with the OS.
3) After playing around for a while and realizing what apps are causing it, kill them and remove them for ever.

IN SOME CASES, FREE APPS ARE WORTH WHAT YOU PAY FOR THEM!

Here is the overall problem: Everybody is a fricken programmer now days, even the ones that think they are!

ozmal2004

Mar 10, 2012
I have the Pandigital 7" Black Novel. I did a factory reset and now the tablet will not even turn on. I tried plugging the usb in, holding on button for 3 sec, nothing comes up. Any help getting the tablet to turn on will be apprecated. Thank you.