Black PDN Modded Firmware - Frenzee

MadMorgan

Dec 29, 2012
I've tried several times, I still end up with the original screen. I changed the dat file name to "S64N_SLST_KOBO_PD_20110602.dat". Put it in the root directory (7 folders, 2 ini files and the dat file beneath that) hold down start and volume up buttons for 5 seconds. No little android, just the same main screen I get when I got it. To note, I was also unable to do the Pandigital site upgrade because it kept giving me an error. I hope that didnt have anything to do with it.

My error looks like this:
Free Online Storage - MediaFire$zzzzpandigital2.jpg

Last edited:

Mistygreen

Jan 9, 2013
I've tried several times, I still end up with the original screen. I changed the dat file name to "S64N_SLST_KOBO_PD_20110602.dat". Put it in the root directory (7 folders, 2 ini files and the dat file beneath that) hold down start and volume up buttons for 5 seconds. No little android, just the same main screen I get when I got it. To note, I was also unable to do the Pandigital site upgrade because it kept giving me an error. I hope that didnt have anything to do with it.

My error looks like this:
Free Online Storage - MediaFireView attachment 9651

I had this happen as well.. my pandigital factory reset and I had to update to polaris. I kept getting this Error over and over again, I tried 3 other computers same thing for 3 days same thing.. was fixing to pull the thing apart. So I did some searching and found the updater is a checker to see what version you have then installs the update *that is if it works*.. Decided to look for the straight update file instead. I found and downloaded the polaris update.dat from a different website, and moved it over to an SD card. With pandigital off, I put the SD card into slot and then turned it on, it did the update showing the *Frenzee* update, I thought nothing of it. When it was done I was looking at the green Android man.. first thought OMG I downloaded a bad file.. so I pulled the SD card out and tried to boot to the factory settings.. that didn't work, formated the onboard SD card, and tried again.. nope little guy still there. I stopped and went online to find out what I did and came across this forum topic.. Ahh I see all I have to do is put all four of my fingers on the black part of the screen and tap the corners, this should have got me into the home screen and bypass the green guy.. well I tried this for about .. hmm 5 mins and was not getting anywhere.. then decided to do as it stated .. I tapped the left top, then went to the right top, bottom right and last the bottom left and walla.. the little green guy was gone and I have an updated *I believe* "hacked" black pandigital. I must say I am happy right now, I am back up and I think it is better than the update from pandigitals website. I have already downloaded some cool games.. some didn't work but the ones that are I am happy with. Must not forget.. it is a pandigital not an Ipad or Lepan, so don't expect to much from it. All in all I hope this helps :)

Vinnie_D

Apr 7, 2013
The install looks like it went perfect, but I'm having an issue with getting past this blankity blank robot. I am trying to use the for corners method TL-TR-BR-BL but I'm not successful. What do I do oh guru of computer wisdom?

Vinnie_D

Apr 7, 2013
For all you who read this, I discovered the "trick" to this. You have to got to the screen that asks about the keyboard and THEN hit the four corners. Works great now.

jet13

Apr 28, 2013
Good day to all, I have a PDN Black. When I got it for x-mass, it had a tablet type screen, used it for reading epub books. I had it plugged in to charge, and when I went to use it, the screen had changed to 3 tier view, 2 book shelves, and some icons on the bottom. So I've been reading on a other site, and left a couple of post, but got know reply's after a week, and now I'm here.

My PDN has this info on the support page.

HardWare: RD101-2GB-W
Plateform: AN15-07-30-2010-7D-V3
Application: BN01-07-30-2010-7D-V3
RMSDK9.1.0

I've done the step to the T, just like Madmorgon, I've change the file name from polaris_update, to at least 6 other names that I've read on this site and the other, but still boots to thee same old page. If I put books and music on the SD card, I can see them when I look at the reader in My Computer, but the books do not come up in my library. I've even reformated my 4gb SD card before each time.

All I really want this for is books, music, and to google some times.

So my question's are, can this thing be flashed and if so how, or is it a paper weight.

Thanks for any hepl