Black PDN - oops

FeistyShamrox

Dec 29, 2010
So I got the black PDN back in November with the intentions of using it as an eReaders and the email/internet capabilities being an extra bonus. I updated the firmware a few weeks ago and it greatly improved the issues I was having as far as the page turning and powering on by itself.

The last couple of days I was having trouble with it not connecting with B&N to update my library or newly purchased books (was getting the Sorry, something has happened error), long story short I went to pandigital.net and ended up converting to the open platform without realizing (or reading) what it would do or that it would void my warranty.

So now what the heck do I do? Am I able to at least load Nook for Android on it? My main concern is having it serve its purpose as an eReader or being able to flash it back to the original settings.

Any help would be extremely appreciated, I have tried to determine a solution between reading posts here and at slatedroid but come up frustrated.

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
I don't think that they would not warranty a defect if you have open platform on it. Don't know for positive. They probably will not give you support over the phone on open platform questions. As to nook on the open platform, the newest version of nook 2.4.1 works on the white PD so I'd give it a try. Kindle also runs on open platform as does ireader.

You should be able to go back to the stock firmware - just download it from their website.

FeistyShamrox

Dec 29, 2010
I have tried reloading the stock firmware from pandigital.net via sd card and tethered to the pc- neither worked.

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
The black unit is different so can't help more than I have though I forgot to tell you that the barnes and noble site was probably near flooded with Christmas present downloads so you might give that part another try.

As for the black unit you may find more info on slatedroid.com - there are users there also.

On the reflash, be sure the sd card is formatted fat32 and only one flash file on it at a time.

FeistyShamrox

Dec 29, 2010
Ok disregard I was finally able to flash back to stock firmware by tethering to another laptop.

Good grief what a friggin relief.

Last edited: