Black screen of death, yep I need help...this is embarrassing

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
So when I burn nookie froyo or any other image to and sdcard, my Nook should boot from that card correct? I just have a black screen. I have no boot, and no internal memory. Maybe it is because I am using a Mac to burn. Hopefully it works burning an image with pc when I try it later.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
ALL FIXED:cool:!!!! The problem was that I was trying to burn the Nookie Froyo bootable image with a Mac. It work perfectly burning the microSD with a PC. Now I have Nookie Froyo and CWR back. I'm all good now.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Good to hear Steve! I warned you though... 'the orchard' will try and destroy your Android device! :)

'Well there's your problem right there!'

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I know! Darn Mac. I am going to make Justin Long (the Mac guy) fix my device next time, lol

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Time for mac to get a new home or perhaps invest in a small $200 windows based network, just to keep around the house. Find a nice Acer ApsireOne 7" or 10" off craigslist for under $200

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Yea I have been thinking about getting a PC. It is much easier using PC for these type of things.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Yes I do have an intel Mac. I do not have a copy of Windows though. I'll have to see if I can get a copy somewhere and load it through bootcamp.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Lol, they should just sell computers that dual boot from the get go. It would make things a lot easier. PC and Mac both have their own uses to me. The Mac is more friendly in terms of Graphic Design for me, that is why I generally use them.

Dec 17, 2010
I heard students can get Windows 7 for about $65. If you aren't a student, find one willing to buy it for you. Or better yet, sign up for a class at your local community college.

Another possibility - buy a dead PC and transfer the license to your Macintosh.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I actually just found an old 2002 windows xp disk here at work. I wonder if that will load via bootcamp?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
*nevermind I am just going to make a bootable cwr card

Ok I have a question. I am booting Nookie Froyo off sdcard and it has Rom Manager. There is absolutely nothing internally on my nook. I am trying to flash recovery in rom manager and boot into recovery, or install rom from rom manger. It is not working because I think it is putting recovery on sdcard and nookie is booting first. How do I get CWR internally back on my Nook? I cannot even see internal memory when I plug the Nook into computer.