black screen on my superpad android 2.2

bfdman1988

Dec 25, 2011
Thanks chandos for the measurements on-screen. was a god send and worked perfectly. was really panicing there :)

lilstroudy

Jan 11, 2012
Hi, I can see that you have helped some other people with this and could i please ask for your assistance? I have the 10" superpad palmtop and pressed the button and now screen is black after the starting icons. Which of the options should above should I try??
Natalie

MC_Maks

Apr 29, 2012
I have this low brightness problem (from power control widget), but on a generric Chinese tablet (Idolian TruboTab C8, same as AVS 7"). There have been a lot of proposed solutions and none of them that I was willing to try worked for me.

- Try to remember where the widget brightness button is. I tried this for about twenty minutes with no success. When I finally fixed the problem (my solution below), the widget wasn't even there.

- Restore factory defaults. This didn't appeal to me for a few reasons. First of all, I would lose my data. Secondly, I have a generic Chinese tablet (MID, Turbotab C8, AVS 7", etc) and couldn't find details for safe mode or factory reset that actually worked for me. Finally, being a Chinese tablet, I was afraid that a factory reset would change the language and I would have to navigate with Chinese characters.

- Reflash the FW/ROM. Same basic downsides as solution two. I don't even know what ROM to use since mine is a generic tablet.

- Install something called odin on a PC. I didn't get very far into this solution, but it didn't sound very easy.

- Use a very dark room. I couldn't see anything.

Serendipity! ...
In VERY bright sunlight, at an extreme angle you wouldn't normally use, you can faintly make out the display items. I suspect the brightness setting is really a backlight control, so the super bright sunlight and sharp angle work together. If you view it straight-on, the reflected sunlight is all you will see. So you need the bright light to act as a backlight and the weird angle to avoid only seeing the bright light's reflection (just navigate setting-->display-->brightness and slide it up)

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Here is my suggestion... hope it works.

If you KNOW it is running and just have cranked the brightness down to 0 or something, try 'replacing' the backlight with one of your own... meaning,

get a small flashlight and shine it into the screen at an angle... you SHOULD be able to see enuf to navigate to SETTINGS/DISPLAY/BRIGHTNESS and shove it back up! :eek:

Of course, if the flashlight shows that nothing's there... that's a different story. :cool:

EDIT: apparently Im a day late and $5 short... so what's new? :p

:D

Last edited:

Cheeky

Dec 29, 2013
Thanks guys..... we have been trying to get my boyfriends tablet working for a few days & found your suggestion.... which has worked!