Black Screens on Acer Iconia A100

handanado

Sep 27, 2013
usually when i turn my acer tablet on it comes up with a black screen with the acer logo in the middle then goes to another black screen with the blue android logo. The acer logo screen lasts for about 20 seconds. when i turn it on now the acer screen stays there for ever until it runs out of power. i have tried draining the battery then starting it up again but it didnt work and im really worried. can someone help me? [i am going away in 2 days so please help me before then.]:confused:

edap

Dec 12, 2012
A pin hole reset is located on your device somewhere along the edge. You can try that before doing a factory reset.

Mrhelper

Apr 29, 2012
usually when i turn my acer tablet on it comes up with a black screen with the acer logo in the middle then goes to another black screen with the blue android logo. The acer logo screen lasts for about 20 seconds. when i turn it on now the acer screen stays there for ever until it runs out of power. i have tried draining the battery then starting it up again but it didnt work and im really worried. can someone help me? [i am going away in 2 days so please help me before then.]:confused:
The pinhole and Factory data reset won't resolve this problem. The pinhole reset merely reboots the tablet, less than powering off and back on. The Factory data reset clears cache and user data. When stuck at the Acer logo on a stock unrooted a100, the eMMC (storage chip) has probably failed, which is a common problem. It can be repaired by replacing the main board. You can try flashing the ROM to confirm the failure.