Blackberry USB storage

magicalyak

Jul 15, 2011
Is anyone able to access a blackberry (as USB storage) directly from their tablet? I was able to use my laptop to access both tablet and BB simultaneously as mass storage drives to transfer the bulk of my pics, videos and files, but every time I connect bb right to tablet it does not recognize it as mass storage. Is there a solution right under my nose that I'm missing?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Can't get the tablet to read the Nexus One, nor my Nook.

I sort of think this is intentional, but its also possible that it is just an accident of timing.

These devices are not true USB devices, they emulate USB when they detect the other side
probing them. It takes a while for them to launch their USB emulation, which in the case of the
Nexus One involves me tapping a button to say ok. Nook does this automatically
but its slow.

If the device does not immediately respond to the tablet as a USB device, it seems like the
tablet more or less give up and won't re-try. No amount of trickery seems to get around this.

This may be an agreed-upon behavior among Android devices to prevent wholesale copying
of apps and music from one to the other, but maybe that's just my tin foil hat speaking.
It could also be the Acer simply needs more usb profiles in its database.

Now my camera, which ALSO ask me if it should act like USB storage when I plug it in, does
work with the Tablet.
Oh, and my ancient Razr works too, as long as I set it to emulate usb storage before I plug it in.