Bloatware in MCL image (JRO03R.A2109A_03_13_121126_MCL0201)

anika200

Dec 2, 2012
I would need some of the "bloat" you removed and agree with removing some others, I think it all boils down to personal preference. Maybe you could whip out your own "super clean" rom for people to try out, just a thought.

a2109a

Dec 20, 2012
The apps are only set in quarantaine with Titanium Backup pro and not deleted. I don't see them in daily life, but if I need them I can get them easily back.

Which apps do you use? It would be interesting for me and I will explain why I don't want them.

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
Skype and WiFi Direct were left in MCL0201 by mistake (Lenovo renamed all the bloatware files in the JB update). I left in Kindle out of personal preference (I use it a lot). I left all the Google apps because some can't be removed without causing problems (Google+ is one) and some of them aren't available on the Play Store.

You could certainly create your own ROM removing whatever you want. Android Kitchen [KITCHEN] Android Kitchen, v0.218 [Linux / Mac / Windows] - xda-developers makes this relatively easy. The config file for the kitchen I use for the A2109 is here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/108997228/kai

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
a2109a:

On the other thread you asked where the bloatware is located. All pre-installed apps (bloatware or otherwise) are in /system/app.

a2109a

Dec 20, 2012
Thanks, I am happy if I can make apps invisible. I have accuweather platinum bought, but the included accuweather is different and I would prefer the widget of the included version. So maybe you think about not removing it. Same with News Republic, the widget is different to the download.

I have to use News Republic instead of genie.apk. There is one for the A2109A, but the configuration is broken, news channels cannot be changed.