Blogging apps

weezyrider

Jul 29, 2011
I have a Blogger account. However, I cannot access as Mobile as Google wants an SMS for confirmation. Tablet does not do SMS. If I use Classic in the default browser, I can post, but not upload any images - nor can I download from Picasa. (for some stupid reason, I can upload a video!)

I don't want Facebook or Twitter. I would like a site where I can post when I feel like it, send a link to whomever I feel like. Blogger was ideal for this until Google got testy with the sms. I don't want the app on the phone. I prefer the resistive tablet for any typing. I have also heard some things about dropbox recently that I do not like.

I'd also need an apk file.

Thanks

weezyrider

Jul 29, 2011
I can access Blogger via the classic browser on the tablet. It finally let me insert a picture. I had to install Chrome to resize the pic since I uploaded from the cell phone. Whatever Picasa uses to edit wouldn't work in Firefox or Opera. With Opera, I got the message that the browser wasn't supported, and FF is running under private browsing and noscript so a lot of crap (like doubleclick) has to be enabled. I don't usually use Chrome since I can't turn off javascript and images per site.

weezyrider

Jul 29, 2011
Just found out that using Classic mode with the default browser and Picasa, I can post and write. I can do all this on the phone, but the larger tablet with the resistive screen is easier to deal with. I think that's mostly all I wanted out of the tablet. The camera is no good, but I can send a pic from the cell phone instantly, and I get to pick and choose which pic. The cell camera isn't bad, it's fairly useful if you want to send a pic immediately. I prefer my Canon 20D and SX30.

DarrylB

Aug 31, 2011
I can access Blogger via the classic browser on the tablet. It finally let me insert a picture. I had to install Chrome to resize the pic since I uploaded from the cell phone. Whatever Picasa uses to edit wouldn't work in Firefox or Opera. With Opera, I got the message that the browser wasn't supported, and FF is running under private browsing and noscript so a lot of crap (like doubleclick) has to be enabled. I don't usually use Chrome since I can't turn off javascript and images per site.

This is unfortunate and I don't think this should be considered as being redundant, not everyone uses the same browser or should be forced to use a particular browser for such basic things like updating a blog. Doesn't make much sense to me.

weezyrider

Jul 29, 2011
This is unfortunate and I don't think this should be considered as being redundant, not everyone uses the same browser or should be forced to use a particular browser for such basic things like updating a blog. Doesn't make much sense to me.

That's Google. Even if I try to access with the default browser set to mobile, I get a message that Google wants to register this via SMS. I need to send an SMS to Google and log in with the key they send. Tablet does not do SMS.

The other option is use Gmail which is what Google recommends for non-network tablets. However, you can't see what you are doing/getting.

I think it's dumb. I have had a Gmail, Market, Picasa, and Blogger account on the computer for a couple of years - if Google doesn't have the info by now-----