Bluepanther Thunder 7" Marvell Tablet with GPS, Android 2.2

saunter

Apr 4, 2011
Hello, sorry for the stupid question but how can I connect my mid to pc in order to transfer files to the sd card?
When I plug in the usb cable into pc it tries to install driver but fails saying it does not have driver for 'Avengers_lite'. Also I do not have a disk with the tablet.
Also I have a big problem with the Market - when I try to install any app from the android market I get an error 'The applicatiom Market "process.com.android.vending" has stopped unexpectidly. Please try again'. This happens for all applications which I try to install.
Pls, can anyone help me.

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
Go to my cthulu rom thread and get the google usb drivers from there. To use the usb mass storadge feature drag the notification bar after it's pluged in and schoose usb conected notification.

saunter

Apr 4, 2011
I managed to establish connection now. Tried four navigation applications and only CoPilot works and even it crashes very frequently. Anyone managed to install IGo?

Final

Feb 24, 2011
I tried also installing different navigation softs for this tablet.I have been impressed only with navigon select vers. 3.4.5 with Q2 2011 maps.At least for my country it has a bigger sized map than IGO.The only drawback is that is has few house numbers .

alex_iff

Apr 5, 2011
1. Device does not see micro SDHC card. I tried at least 5 different 8Gb cards and the only one was seen is made by SanDisk. All others are perfectly work in my cell phone, older PDA etc. I do not understand why so strong "selection". Any idea why?
2. There are 2 USB slots. A classical one is "master" with a standard USB slot. Another slot is multifunctional (at least it written in pretty poor manual) : for charging, for connection to I-pod and USB. I tried to connect to Win 7 PC - no reaction - PC does not see it.
Any idea how to fix it?
3. the battery being 100% charged completely depleted within 6 hours. ????

bonze04

Mar 11, 2011
Sorry GM 10.

Slide down the info bar and tap on 'USB cable connected' (or something like that)
And now activate SD card or Internal memory to act as a USB drive for windows.

If your GM10 is like mine, the "multi-function port" as to be considered as an USB connection !!! that'a all ?

For SD card : no idea (I have a Transcend 16Gb card in it : no problem)

Battery : Yes , about 6 hours depending processes running (I've removed the phone.apk first)
However, playing back some divx film, battery life is the same !

Last edited:

alex_iff

Apr 5, 2011
I'm pretty novice to Android. How can I find this phone.apk file? Is it enough just to delete it?
All I found is a dialing program that can be uninstalled (???) or force closed.

alex_iff

Apr 5, 2011
I found phone.apk file using file manager in system/applications/ but I am unable to delete it or rename it. After I finish deleting procedure with a "delete success" pop up window, I immediately see this file at the same location like it was not deleted. I did it many times and it still in there.

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
You have to use adb shell to delete it. First you need to mount the system partition : mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system insert this comand twice.
then do rm /system/app/phone.apk

bonze04

Mar 11, 2011
Seems that Alex is not strong enough in hacking, so little tuto :
1) Must have 'rooted' your tablet (use SuperOneClickv1.7, can find it on filecrop)
2) Install Root Explorer (I use 2.13.2 version)
3) Go to delete the /system/app/phone.apk and other functionnality you don't want.
(remember to mount r/w the partition in Root Explorer ; forget adb commands)
4) Reboot

Have fun for some minutes more !!!

alex_iff

Apr 5, 2011
You have to use adb shell to delete it. First you need to mount the system partition : mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system insert this comand twice.
then do rm /system/app/phone.apk

it seems I am too novice to comprehend.
Let me explain from the beginning. This is my first ever experience with android and tablet PC. On a top of it i am computer/smart phone (based on winmob 6.1) regular/ordinary user.
I do not expect too much from this GM10. All I needed are
- reading books (I took from Android marker Cool reader and FB2 readers - both crashe as soon as I try to use them
- GPS (I have not tried yet because of a problem with microSD card -see next)
- internet browsing (it works)
- music (a player that comes with GM10 is too simple but I hope to find anything else such TCPMP for win mobile).
I'm not going to use it as a telephone.
This is it.
Problems I encountered
1. Being fully charged the device completely deplets within 6-8 hours being left unused with a dark screen. Green light is seen. As far as I understood a major reason is communication waiting for cell signal. To avoid this problem I tried to delete phone.apk from system folder using file manager. Operation failed.
2. I tried to put 6 different microSD 8Gb cards. Only 1 (transcend) was "accepted" but suddenly the device stopped recognising it too. The only info I put on this card were a couple of musical files and books in FB2 format. for 10 minutes I was able to read these books and listen music. Then everything crashed. I put this microSD card to my win 7 laptop and found out that the all files on card are corrupted. I made a full fat 32 format but the device does not see this card anymore while all my other devices working under win mobile 6.1, 6.5 read this card excellent.
3. I put several books on internal memory and tried to open them using the above-mentioned book readers (I use them because majority of my books are in FB2 format) though file manager. Both book readers are crashing trying to open books thought I read these books easy on my Win mobile devices.

Thus having no memory card I am unable to check GPS and other applications.
Definitely I have a zero experience with Android because I do not understand how to mount, how to find this mounting procedure, etc.
But I would have been happy to have the above-mentioned simpliest applications working without making serious changes like rooting, etc. Unfortunately all my friends, kids and grand kids have the same experience with android applications.

Any advice would have been appreciated. I am in Canada.

bonze04

Mar 11, 2011
Ok Alex,

FIRST OF FIRST OF ALL : I'm an Android novice (1month using GM10)

First of all, you need to have SD card working, because of the amount of data required (bboks,music,gps maps etc ...)
So you need to know that a windows disk (volume) is not the same in linux word (android). In this new world, disks are loaded as a logical volume and represented as a directory in the root part of the system ; usualy /sdcard (they call this : a mounted volume)
So when you insert a sd card, you need to wait it to be 'mounted' (look in the top screen info bar). So now you can launch a file explorer (file expert is pretty good)
If it goes directly to the sdcard, all is ok. Otherwise, switch to /sdcard directory.
Try that and we'll go futher

alex_iff

Apr 5, 2011
Thanks. I formatted SD again. This time quick fat 32 format and the device see it. I put a couple of books and FB2 reads them. I do nor know for how long but for now it works.
what should I do next?