Bluepanther Thunder 7" Marvell Tablet with GPS, Android 2.2

markozu

Jan 4, 2011
Hi lgstoian,

I have got the Leader G10 too. I also manage to get the 2.2 firmware as the device came in with 1.6. If it is of any help I could send it too you.
I would like to help optimizing & testing.
Can you get Angry Birds playing. I get only sound and a green screen. I can see that some birds on top as if the screen is shifted. Maybe something with the resolution.
I enabled JIT the score is 5.137. Also Ad-hoc works fine. The Camera.apk is not focusing so I tried to copy it from my hero but then it FC's.
Skype does not work, does not log in ??

Cheers

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
You have a 2.2 flashable firmware. Where did you get it from? Yes if you can please send it to me. Would be a starting point for a rom maybe.

Ps. Try angry birds beta light. Might work. Let me know.

Double Ps. Did you try my build.prop modifications except jit ?

Last edited:

trackstart

Dec 29, 2010
Great post but I have a question where do i fine google.service............ i forgot the last part i want to get all apps free in the market. Thanks for allyour advise and help to all of us android rookies.

Sent from my Android for M1E using Android Tablet Forum App

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
Found a service that should help everyone more in regards to the market.

Plus another nifty trick. Get appbrain then install the fast web install client. Like this you can use the appbrain website to install absolutely any app.

Also some must have software : Swapper ( leave swap set to 200 mb, I noticed an improvement with video playback)
Lcd density is quite fun to use.
AutoKiller Memory Optimizer.

Last edited by a moderator:

mx2085mx

Jan 4, 2011
Hi lgstoian! Thanks for keeping this thread lively, I will be getting a GM10 sometime in the next month or so. Hopefully we'll be able to come up with some cool stuff.

Any luck with flash 10? keep up the great work! cheers.

MX

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
Thanks for the rom. I'll begin my work on it tonight. Can you tell me the source of the rom. Is there a producers page or something ?

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
Im having troubles extracting the system_ubi.img I follow the steps from here but I get this error : ubiattach: error!: cannot attach mtd0
error 22 (Invalid argument)

I'm using ubuntu 10.04 .

Also found a possible way to save abit more battery and clear up more ram:
Remove the following apk's Phone.apk and TelephonyProvider.apk and do an adb reboot.
Might even notice abit of speed increase. The telephony service kept running in the background putting extra drain on the battery and using up abit of ram and cpu.

Last edited:

markozu

Jan 4, 2011
The source is Leader directly. No web page for it what so ever.
I will take out the two apk's out and report.
The tablet has some trouble with battery meter. Can not be charged more then 92%.
Do you know how to clear the battery stats?

Cheers,

markozu

Jan 4, 2011
I want try to make a 3G network connection with a Vodafone (HUAWEI K3765) 3G dongle. By removing the telephony apk's will I be able to do it?

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
I don't know that for sure but I guess it won't affect it. Try and let me know. Btw does the rom you sent me come with gapps ?

And btw how did you contact Leader. Do you have any idea if they will continue with rom updates or not ?

Last edited:

markozu

Jan 4, 2011
Forgot to tell you about gapps. The rom has:
APK Installer
Browser
Camera (does not work well)
Clock
E-Book
Email
Gallery Gmail
GPS Settings
GPS Viewer
L File Manager
L Task Manager
Maps
Market (Can see only free apps) Market Enabler does not work
MobileBroadbandSettings
Music
Navigation
Talk
Video Player
Wi-Fi Settings
YouTube

This is more or less all. I've put a ton of other apps so I can not tell if I missed something else.

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
This is basically a newer version of the rom that came with my Blurpanther. I wonder if this can be used on the german version of our device. Theirs didn't come with gapps.
Now that I'm back home I'll give mounting the system ubifs again.

Also removing Phone.apk and TelephonyProvider.apk made quite a difference.