Bluepanther Thunder 7" Marvell Tablet with GPS, Android 2.2

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Sorry don't have any kind of 3g usb modem to test this on. You can ask for help here.

Flash add's work. Flash video streaming does work. I haven't tested yet flash games.

Looks good. Couple that with a video and it's worthy of being front-page material. This means that we have Adobe Flash Lite for legacy devices now. I have heard rumors, but this confirms it.

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
And if things work out well we should see the first custom rom for this tab some time tonight. :))

guru

Feb 26, 2011
Hi guys!
The links for the new update seem to be broken, could you post new ones?
Thx in advance

ranajume

Jan 14, 2011
Please help me with the upgrade.
I have tried as follows:
Downloaded the zip file.
Extracted the zip file.
I have tried with a 1gb card FAT formatted and with a 8GB card FAT32 formatted with the same lack of results. I have copied the content of the zip file on the card, insert the card, press volume down and the power button. After that I have two options, to do nothing and quit and to do a factory reset.
I have tried the second option but there is no update.

What am I doing wrong?

On a side note I have tried the following Vodafone 3G dongles without any luck: Huawei E220, Huawei K3520, Huawei K3765.

Thanks.

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
You are confusing volume down with volume up. You need to get to a blue screen with only a progres bar on it nothing else. Wait abit. If the bar gets red it's not working. If its green wait for it to finish. The sd card must be sdhc.

justinepeter

Feb 28, 2011
Bluepanther Thunder 7" Marvell Tablet with GPS, Android 2.2 comes with the following specifications.
For the affordable price you get a nice set of specs.
Display: 7 inch, resistive, 800 x 480
Memory: 2GB NAND Flash, 256MB DDR2 SDRAM, microSD/microMMC slot
Connectivity: WiFi b/g, 3G (via dongle), GPS, USB 2.0
Camera: front camera, 0.3MP
Battery: 7.4V Li battery, 2X2400 mAh
You can also use this unit as your in-car GPS, especially since there’s a car mount and cradle bundled with it.

ranajume

Jan 14, 2011
I have tested a Huawei K3520 Vodafone stick with the new firmware.
The results are strange because despite the fact that the tablet show a good 3G connection and the stick reports the same (via the multicolored led) I can not acces the net. I have set the modem as Huawei E169U.
I will continue to test and to post the results.
It works! I am posting using the 3g connection. For some reason google does not load.

Last edited:

Final

Feb 24, 2011
Bluepanther Thunder 7" Marvell Tablet with GPS, Android 2.2 comes with the following specifications.
For the affordable price you get a nice set of specs.
Display: 7 inch, resistive, 800 x 480
Memory: 2GB NAND Flash, 256MB DDR2 SDRAM, microSD/microMMC slot
Connectivity: WiFi b/g, 3G (via dongle), GPS, USB 2.0
Camera: front camera, 0.3MP
Battery: 7.4V Li battery, 2X2400 mAh
You can also use this unit as your in-car GPS, especially since there’s a car mount and cradle bundled with it.

Many applications from the marketplace do not work on this mid
I couldn't use Yahoo messenger and Skype with Voice call ore video call.
my biggest problem.
I tried to use the mid as an in-car GPS ,but just with Navigon worked well,with some didn't worked at all(IGO) or the other softs didn't had an enough detalied map for my country(SYGIC,NAVITEL,COPILOT,NDRIVE)
If someone knows how to work the tablet with IGO(because it has the most developed map) i'll would be grateful.

copterguy

Feb 17, 2011
I finally got this GM10 from China, was starting to get worried...Rooted it with SuperOneClick. For those Noobs like me, just download that and click Root. Can't get any easier. Then followed the instructions to get Market working fully from this thread. Have not yet played with camera, and the GPS seems to be rather worthless...at least when I attempt to use Google maps...still playing....That firmware update for bluepanther is for both GM10 and G10 models?

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
It should work on the GM10 and the G10 as they seem identical devices. Flash it and give it a try. There is an original GM10 firmware in the thread if you want to go back to it.