Bluepanther Thunder 7" Marvell Tablet with GPS, Android 2.2

bonze04

Mar 11, 2011
Hi Folks, I have received my GM10 and already made a mistake : change the framework.apk and add twframework.apk in /system/framework : Result animation boot screen loopback forever.

Fortunatly, USB works and I was abble to roll back to previous version with the magic adb command line.

First of all, you'll have to root the device with the magical SuperOneClickv1.7

What do I see in settings :

Model : GM10(only for test)
Android version : 2.2.1
Kernel version : 2.6.34-generic-EN-IVT-bf3703-20110217 rootdylan-desktop (CodeSourcery
Build Number : GM10 V2.5-BT_test 2.2.1 en.root.20110217.111316 test-keys

So now let's see wath is working :

Camera : Ok
Wifi : Ok
BlueTooth : Ok
GSP : Ok (Copilot Live 8)
USB : Ok (have to change softwares to manage USB photos and musics via /mnt/usb)

What is NOT working

- Android Market : Don't show everything on the market (try to find skype for ex.)
- Can't find a flash player that works (however installed lite pluggin)
- No VOIP software (no skipe for ex.)
- No Live Wallpaper

What softwares I use

- LaucherPro instead of Launcher2
- Copilot 8 with all maps (EU,NA,AF,OC)
- QuickPic to browse images from USB
- RockPlayer Lite to browse musics from USB
- AK Notepad
- Terminal Emulator (usefull when not connected with my PC)
- Clinometer (not fast enought but ...)
- File Expert (everyday file management)
- Root Explorer (special file management)
- Zedge (wonderfull library of wallpapers and others)
- Some games
- Some widgets to toggle BT,Wifi etc ...

Tip
You'd better remove the phone.apk that drain the battery dramaticaly.

That's all

bonze04

Mar 11, 2011
Can someone say me why it is impossible to see skype working on this tablet ? I've put Android 2.2 on my HTC HD2 and ... go go go .
So now i'm wondering why not on my GM10 !!!

Final

Feb 24, 2011
Hello.I have a BIG PROBLEM...i tried app 2 sd aplication and when i've finished moving some apps from mid to sd card i encountered an error from yahoo messenger(the application messenger process com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.im).when i rebooted the mid i'ved received this error the application LauncherPro (process com.android.term) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again....force stop...
Please.. can anyone tell me how to get rid of this error??
LATER EDIT:nevermind...problem fixed

Last edited:

julianj71

Feb 8, 2011
apart from the gps this tablet is a hunk of junk, should have spent my money on a flytouch 3 from the start......

julianj71

Feb 8, 2011
well first i was told that it would support flash 10.1 which it does not... i mean i thought the whole point of android 2.2 was the advantage of flash support. Secondly i was told it would play 3d games, which it does not, flat out playing tom the speaking cat....it wont run skype, a lot of the favorite apps i had on my old flytouch 2 seem to be unavailable for this tablet, cant even get my usual radio app running. Oh yes one last thing, i ordered a white tablet which the seller confirmed, and yep you guessed it they sent me a black one.... Its been lies from the word go, as i said, used a gps not bad little device but for fun no where near as good as a flytouch...

Tesztelo

Dec 27, 2010
well first i was told that it would support flash 10.1 which it does not... i mean i thought the whole point of android 2.2 was the advantage of flash support. Secondly i was told it would play 3d games, which it does not, flat out playing tom the speaking cat....it wont run skype, a lot of the favorite apps i had on my old flytouch 2 seem to be unavailable for this tablet, cant even get my usual radio app running. Oh yes one last thing, i ordered a white tablet which the seller confirmed, and yep you guessed it they sent me a black one.... Its been lies from the word go, as i said, used a gps not bad little device but for fun no where near as good as a flytouch...

Then not the tablet is junk, but your vendor who lie about this tablet. Big difference! This tablet will not support flash and 3D games as its processor is too weak and does not have graphic co-processor.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
At this price point, there is really little to complain about for the GM10...

mx2085mx

Jan 4, 2011
So the main point for a Tablet being able to run applications or not is the processor? What would you guys recommend as the minimum processor to have these days? and what would be ideal?

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
Sorry for the long period of sillence. I'm back now. And I'll try to bring new things to our tablet and offer help for owners.