Bluetooth Adapter for Coby Kyros 7024

girlperson1

May 21, 2011
I was looking at some of the tiny Bluetooth adapters and was wondering if my Kyros 7024 would support them? Anyone know, anyone tried? :)

girlperson1

May 21, 2011
I ordered a bluetooth adapter. When I get it I'll plug it into the Kyros 7024 and let everyone know what happens.

girlperson1

May 21, 2011
OK, the answer to my question is, NO, the Kyros 7024 does not recognize a bluetooth adapter. I plugged it in and it thought it was a mouse. A mouse pointer appeared on the tablet screen.

girlperson1

May 21, 2011
Is there any way I can install the missing part of android that will give the kyros 7024 bluetooth access?

Aug 4, 2011
nteresting topic! I tried to connect the adapter to the tablet, food is served, but no reaction. May need some drivers or something else? Let the Guru will tell!

Soulive

Jul 18, 2011
Yeah, the ASUS BT-211 was not detected by the 7022. I just need it for keyboard purposes so I'll probably stick to using a pre-paired device.

Zbika

Aug 7, 2011
I'm having trouble with my 1024 recognizing anything I plug into the USB.
I am able to transfer files to my computer, but if I use my Mini usb adapter, I can't get it to recognize a flash drive was plugged in. It doesn't even power it. I just assumed that the USB isn't a host device.
I heard you can create a usb jig to push it into host mode if it has USB on to go.
I'd really just like to get a keyboard running.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
I'm having trouble with my 1024 recognizing anything I plug into the USB.
I am able to transfer files to my computer, but if I use my Mini usb adapter, I can't get it to recognize a flash drive was plugged in. It doesn't even power it. I just assumed that the USB isn't a host device.
I heard you can create a usb jig to push it into host mode if it has USB on to go.
I'd really just like to get a keyboard running.

easiest way to switch from host to slave mode is by adding a power widget in your desktop. my 7024 have no problem using a keyboard/mouse/3g modem/usb stick.

Zbika

Aug 7, 2011
easiest way to switch from host to slave mode is by adding a power widget in your desktop. my 7024 have no problem using a keyboard/mouse/3g modem/usb stick.
Well that worked and I feel a little dumb.

Thanks.

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
Is there any way I can install the missing part of android that will give the kyros 7024 bluetooth access?
You gotta root your device and edit a archive called init.smkdv.010.rc (something lkevthat i do not remember tha exact name) using root explorer or file expert+jota text edittor app. Theres a line that says : set*bla-blah* enable_bluetooth false. Replace the false with TRUE and reboot. That will activate the bluetooth. Im not sure if that will allow you to use the adapter, but may work. If you do it, update and tell s what happened! Thnx :D

lupedog

Aug 26, 2011
I just tried it last night with my bt adapter and installed a bt manager app and it didnt work so rooting looks like the only option, btw i have a 7022