Bluetooth headset now working on my 1024

arena

Jul 8, 2011
I downloaded & installed AndroidBluetoothAPI_src_0.3 from here android-bluetooth - Experimental unofficial Bluetooth API for Android - Google Project Hosting

Quick Bluetooth lite from Android Market

On my 1024...settings - advanced settings - Uncheck USB Bus Mode...now host mode

Plugged my Kensington USB dongle from my Windows 7 notebook

Open Quick bluetooth lite, turn on bluetooth - make it discoverable - turned on my Motorola s9 headphones - search for devices - success!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
From what I've read, this API is for older (pre-2.0) Android. Maybe if you just enable BT in init.smdkv210.rc it will work the same way, and you will have more functionality...

PS: no need to root in order to edit this file, it's in the root folder of the file system.

arena

Jul 8, 2011
From what I've read, this API is for older (pre-2.0) Android. Maybe if you just enable BT in init.smdkv210.rc it will work the same way, and you will have more functionality...

PS: no need to root in order to edit this file, it's in the root folder of the file system.

Thanks for the reply...I found the file and can see the reference to bluetooth. Can you be more specific on how to enable? Thanks.

Coddias1

Sep 24, 2011
@lfom,

What kind of dongle are you using?
I did that change you posted and don't work with my CSR dongle!!!
Is yours the Mid Moon shape?

Thanks!!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
What kind of dongle are you using?
I did that change you posted and don't work with my CSR dongle!!!
Is yours the Mid Moon shape?

I haven't tested it yet but I know it works... Have you restarted your tablet after changing the file? If yes, then go to Settings app, enable BT and try to pair with some device.

Coddias1

Sep 24, 2011
@lfom,
I've tried pair it but it shows an error message! I'll try with another type of dongle. Mine looks like a pen drive. Perhaps it'sw not supported!

Thanks!!

arena

Jul 8, 2011
My dongle is a Kensington that supports Windows 7. I tried an older...vista....dongle & it didn't work.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I forgot to mention: USB must be set to "host mode" (Settings -> Advanced Settings) so you can use any adapter with the tablet's USB port.
(it's mentioned in the OP, just to make it clear)

Coddias1

Sep 24, 2011
Hey @arena,

How did you installed the files in your Tablet?:confused:
It isn't an .apk file!

Sorry I'm a really really newbie!!!:(

Thanks in advance!

arena

Jul 8, 2011
Hey @arena,

How did you installed the files in your Tablet?:confused:
It isn't an .apk file!

Sorry I'm a really really newbie!!!:(

Thanks in advance!

Me too! As it turns out, all I needed was to edit "init.smdkv210.rc" as advised by Ifom. Quick bluetooth lite is an app available for free on the Market. You don't even need that as once you edit and restart, go to settings, wireless, the bt options are there. Hope this helps.