Bluetooth keyboard now working

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Hi everyone.

I've finally managed to get the S7 to pair with a blue tooth keyboard. The application that finally helped was a program called "bluetooth keyboard". I think though it does require that your tablet be rooted. But it's working well. Only weird thing so far is the software keyboard showing up in some applications.

-Ivy

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Yeah. I'm quite happy. But it's not perfect. For example the soft keyboard doesn't hide.

But when using the terminal application I can hide the soft keyboard. Which is what I really wanted.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Yeah. I'm quite happy. But it's not perfect. For example the soft keyboard doesn't hide.

But when using the terminal application I can hide the soft keyboard. Which is what I really wanted.

Been using an app called BlueInput as recommended by one of the mods here (and posted experiences in another thread). You can d/l a free trial vers from Market, but still have not figured out what paid vers gets you. In any event works well with Menotek flexible bt keyboard with no identified quirks among various apps FWIW.

Sent from my Ideos S7

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I didn't even notice it, but the soft keyboard disappeared for me now when i am using my Menotek. After you pair the keyboard, try this.

In Root Explorer, copy the blueinputandroid_signed_1.8.203.apk from the download directory
Navigate to /system/app
Mount RW
Paste copied file
Mount RO
Long press the blueinput android apk file and give it full user rights
Close

This now allows you to select the BlueInput keyboard as the default input.

i had been doing this on my g tab, tried it here when i got my license code and didn't even pay attention to the fact it fixed the prob.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
I didn't even notice it, but the soft keyboard disappeared for me now when i am using my Menotek...
[snip]
...i had been doing this on my g tab, tried it here when i got my license code and didn't even pay attention to the fact it fixed the prob.

First off, don't want to have to root my device to properly use the app, but I'm still not sure exactly what I am fixing by applying the above "fix" (doesn't the soft keyboard come back when you unpair or unselect the blueinput device? So why do you need the soft keyboard when you are using the BT keyboard). Second, you kind of lost me on that last sentence, I know I'm a little dense, but I've read it about ten times and I'm not sure what you are saying. Sorry to be a PITA.