Bluetooth Keyboard

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
Has anyone tried any of the Android Bluetooth keyboards on their vtab? Most I have seen indicate that they are for Honeycomb tablets with Android specific shortcut keys. I'm sure they will work with Gingerbread, but just thought I'd get anyone else's comments before picking one up.

Sent from my VTAB1008

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
Update: I just heard from Vizio chat support that the vtab doesn't support Bluetooth HID devices. That rules out a bluetooth keyboard. Boo!

zeptillian

Sep 1, 2011
Update: I just heard from Vizio chat support that the vtab doesn't support Bluetooth HID devices. That rules out a bluetooth keyboard. Boo!

I don't think that's correct. I have used my Wiimote over bluetooth on the tablet. It's treated like a keyboard, definitly a HID. Have not tried anything else though. Maybe I will test using bluputdroid on my HD2 as a keyboard for the tablet. I'll post back the results.

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
I'm hoping Vizio Support didn't know what they were talking about. If your test works, I'll be buying a bluetooth keyboard. Thanks for checking!.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

walrus

Dec 16, 2010
If it dose not support bluetooth devices then why can you make it discoverable?

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
You can make it discoverable to find and use bluetooth devices. But HID devices like mice and keyboards won't work (according to Vizio Support). But hopefully, they are wrong.

Sep 2, 2011
Any hope for future support? I while this tablet is great it is missing some pretty important features, such as facebook, skype and a good word processor.

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
I found the Facebook apk (version 1.6) download from a google search. Downloaded and installed from my sdcard and it works great.

zsir

Sep 1, 2011
Facebook apk works.... Interesting I wonder if there netflix apk will work. what's the advantage of facebook app?

Sent from my PG06100 using Android Tablet Forum

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
.... Interesting I wonder if there netflix apk will work. . . .

I have tried a couple, including one that worked on my Dell Streak, with no luck. They need to fix this, this device would be great for Netflix.

zsir

Sep 1, 2011
I have tried a couple, including one that worked on my Dell Streak, with no luck. They need to fix this, this device would be great for Netflix.

Yeah..... everything works except streaming. the apk downloads the the update but doesn't install it. thanks netflix

Sep 2, 2011
So is there no hope for future updates that will allow those Apps? I i've heard they were going to try honeycomb once it is stable enough. I see no reason why they wouldn't have support for the things I mentioned.

zsir

Sep 1, 2011
So is there no hope for future updates that will allow those Apps? I i've heard they were going to try honeycomb once it is stable enough. I see no reason why they wouldn't have support for the things I mentioned.

It will happen. Very soon I would say for facebook and Skype. I know the hold up with netflix is on netflix's side. Its a nice tablet and Vizio is developing for it.