Bluetooth tethering issues

kfarrellhfx

Apr 19, 2013
I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace II x phone and an Acer Iconia A700 tab. I can't seem to get the tablet to tether via bluetooth or usb to the phone! It tethered (bluetooth) without issues with another, older phone but won't seem to tether to this one. I've checked all the settings on the phone to ensure that the devices are paired (they are) and that the phone allows tethering etc. But the tablet doesn't seem to want to see the phone's internet connection. Any suggestions???

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Not certain I know anything about the ACE but if, as you say, it allows tethering it may be by way of WiFi rather than BT. Just a thought. If that's the case there should be a setting in the phone to turn it into a hotspot. If all else fails there is an app called Foxfi, (not free), that works wonders for tethering a tablet to an Android phone.

kfarrellhfx

Apr 19, 2013
I found the problem... the tab was trying to connect through wa2(?) and should have been trying through something else. I told it to forget the connection I put in and just let it find its own way. Then entered the pswd the phone gave me and here I am...online! Thanks so much for your suggestion, as it was that that made me reset what I had already done.:eek:

Welcome to the forum

Not certain I know anything about the ACE but if, as you say, it allows tethering it may be by way of WiFi rather than BT. Just a thought. If that's the case there should be a setting in the phone to turn it into a hotspot. If all else fails there is an app called Foxfi, (not free), that works wonders for tethering a tablet to an Android phone.