Bluetooth

biggyrat

Dec 10, 2012
My sister recently got a tf300. I have a tf700 and as I was giving her a tutorial on how to use it, I couldn't get her tablet's bluteooth to recognize my tf700 or one of the two phones that my tablet was picking up. The tablets were next to each other. We updated her tablet before starting. Has anyone else had a problem like this?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I haven't heard of anyone trying to use the BT that way so I'm not certain it would work. The BT on your phonje or other peripheral should be able to be used by the TF but I don't think peer to peer will work.

biggyrat

Dec 10, 2012
My tf700 picked up her 300 and 2 phones that were in the house. It stands to reason that her tf300 should have picked up my 700 and both phones.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm think that seeing it and being able to make use of it aren't the same thing. It would need to be an ad-hoc network anyway to even be considered. It is likely possible to gain access through something like WiFi File Explorer.

biggyrat

Dec 10, 2012
We are not talking wifi, but bluetooth. The tablet should pick up on any bluetooth device that has it's bluetooth turned on, whether or not you connect to it. The tf700 picked up the three devices that were enabled, all at the same time, the tf300 did not.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
OK, I totally mis read the problem. Have you tried a hard reset, (cold boot).

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
This is a brand new tablet that we just updated to the latest firmware.

All the more reason to do a hard reset. No data will be lost. This is not the same as a factory reset.

Cold Boot (aka Hard Reset)
Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off. Press and hold the VOL DOWN and then POWER button at the same time for at least 10-12 seconds until after the start-up screen appears and is joined by some small print at the top left of the screen then let them both go. If the TF booted the way it always does, you have not accomplished the task, try again until you have seen the 2 icons, (if you have Jelly Bean there will be 4 icons, the left most being RCK, which is correct), in the screen.

After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". The right "Android" will have a green highlight fading in and out. Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Booting Linux" appears in the list near the top of the screens and let it reboot. If you own a keyboard dock be sure you do this with the dock connected. If you are using JB there will be 4 icons, disregard the 2-4 icons unless instructed and the 1st icon (RCK) will be flashing..

This applies to all TF models, however, if your Prime or Infinity are locked up, there is a reset available using the hole just below the SD Card slot, this is NOT the same as a hard reset.

A cold boot [AKA hard reset] does not delete any data.

biggyrat

Dec 10, 2012
I am familiar with a cold reboot, as I do it periodically on my tablet to clean things up. I didn't think it would be necessary since we just upgraded the OS. I don't have possession of the tf300 right now, but i'll give it a try when I have access to it again. Thanks for trying to help. I'll let you know if it works out.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If that hard reset doesn't do it, turn BT off, restart and turn it back on. If it still doesn't work exchange it.

biggyrat

Dec 10, 2012
Got my hands on the tf300 today and figured out the problem. I had my 700 bluetooth set on "visible only to paired devices". Once I switched it to "visible to all nearby bluetooth devices" the 300 picked the 700. It didn't cross my mind to check this before. Thanks for trying to help.