Book readers

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
My Kyros came with Aldiko ans it seems to work fine, but I was wondering if there is anything better out there?

One feature I would like to see is the ability to highlight sections if text.

Any insights will be helpful.
Thanks!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
There are lots of free book reader apps on the market like the Kindle and Nook apps. Since they're free, why not try some and see which you like best. Then just delete the others.

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
I guess I wil do that. I always like toget recmendations so zi can narrow the field down quicker, though.

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
Well, Aldiko still sits at the top of the heap. It is still the most reliable, and works the way it appears to be.
I asked them for a highlight option. If they add that, I'm set.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
What do you like about Aldiko?

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

weezyrider

Jul 29, 2011
Aldiko will not import books into the shelves on the Coby. I don't care for the shelf format anyway. I use FB reader. At least I can get to the files in a readable list.

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
weezyrider said:
Aldiko will not import books into the shelves on the Coby. I don't care for the shelf format anyway. I use FB reader. At least I can get to the files in a readable list.

I don't have any problems importing book into the shelf. It does it by default. It also has list view, but I prefer my own category list that it allows you to create.

I don't know what version you have, but so far Aldiko does everything you say it can't.

I also found it to be very fast loading books that it has already imported.

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
I have used Aldiko (not bad) and currently using FB Reader - it sync's with other devices running FB Reader.

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
I'll take another look at fb reader then. I loaded it and was not impressed. I'lll give it another shot.

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
I never stated better, just more convenient for those of us with multiple devices. I like Aldiko's dark/light feature, FB lacks that feature.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

weezyrider

Jul 29, 2011
Apparently Aldiko does not like books downloaded from creative commons sites. I keep getting the message that Aldiko cannot import. I bought 3 books from Booksamillion, Aldiko will import one, but not the other two. Booksamillion is not Amazon or BN. Aldiko will not import/open PDF files either. These files are DRM free. I have colored star charts, info on geological sites in Utah, and Aldiko won't even open the PDFs. All I get is "Cannot load file" I have to use PDF viewer which has no problem with the files. I've emailed Aldiko, but if this continues and I root the tablet, Aldiko will be the first to go! The tablet is also registered for Adobe DRM.

Last edited:

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
I downloaded Aldiko and like that you can change the background and font color.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

zigzagbabies

Nov 28, 2011
i keep seeing all these suggestions to root my tablet, i have mid7120 i recieved it free brand new through a lottery i was playing, i do not understand what rooting means. also its 4gb how much books and music wil that hold